Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
    Ultra Aluminus Card Reader, eSATA, USB3.0
    Drobo (4Bay) 6TB
    Icy Dock (4Bay) 1.5TB
    Logitech G19 Keyboard
    Cyborg RAT-9 Mouse

Comment

Re: Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z - New Build - Suggestions

don't know if you still got your boot problem, but it might be due to usb sticks/drives plugged in - have had that problem myself on my current ROG Crosshair V Formula. Sometimes the bios pushes the usb device in front in boot option on its own and thereby creating errors. So I've started unplugging usb storage when they aint needed.
      My advice - never visit a short-url, no matter who gives it to you. You can't trust any source at any time when you don't know your target
      Whitey:Snuggles: Zotac Zbox HD-ID40 (Atom d525, worst purchase ever on cpu), Patriot Pyro 60GB (Thanks to Tweaktown Giveaway), 4GB 800' DDR2 SO-DIMM
      Bcube (NAS): ASUS F1A75-I Deluxe, AMD A6-3500 @ 2.1GHz, LSI 9240-8i (M1015) controller, GSkill Ares 1866 8GB blue kit, 4x Seagate SV35.5 2TB, 1x Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB, 1x Samsung HD103UJ, 1x Samsung F4 2TB, Temp. Rebel9 Alu case, Corsair H60, 2x Icy Dock MB973SP-B, NZXT UI01, Enermax T.B. Silence on docks and cpu, Aurum 500W gold PSU. (Draws 65W average, doesn't peak above 100W at any time)

Comment

Re: Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z - New Build - Suggestions

That might have very well been the issue, dJabba. I had an IcyDock 4bay plugged in via eSATA and a Drobo on one of the USBs.
        When I took it all apart to reseat all of the connections and install the liquid, I disabled the eSATA drivers and switched over to USB for the Icy Dock.
        I also replaced the CMOS battery since everything was out again. Since then I've not had a hiccup (other than BSODs when trying to hit 5.0Ghz).
        Like you, I've been keeping USB devices unplugged unless needed and also 'Ejecting' them before a Shut Down/Restart.
        Once I'm done trying to achieve the best OC I can get, it'll be on 24/7 and only restarted on occasion or install of software so I'll let things plugged in then.

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition
        ASUS Maximus Extreme Z
        i7Core 2600k Sandy Bridge
        Swiftech H20-X20 Edge HD
        16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
        (5) 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSDs
        Evga GeForce GTX 580
        Ultra X4 1600W PSU
        Lite On BD Burner
        ASUS CD/DVDRW
        Creative XFi Titanium Fatal1ty Champ
        Klipsch Pro Media 5.1