Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F12 PrintScreen - what are the storage requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F12 PrintScreen - what are the storage requirements?

What are the storage requirements for the F12 PrintScreen function (flash drive format mainly)?

My flash drive (Sandisk Cruzer Micro 16GB) doesn't seem to be recognised by this function even though the BIOS sees it and I updated the BIOS to 0651 with it.

I'll press F12 to take a screenshot and it'll go to the drive selection menu but my flash drive isn't listed.

EDIT: I just tried another flash drive (Imation Nano Pro 16GB) and it doesn't show up in the list of drives to save a screenshot to either. I think the 0651 BIOS broke something there.
    Last edited by PalZer0; 07-19-2011, 10:25 PM.
    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro (BIOS version 3402) | Core i5 2500K (4GHz) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R DDR3-1600 CL8 (2x4GB) | Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2GB | ASUS Xonar D2X | WD Caviar Black 1TB (WD1002FAEX) | LG CH10LS20 Blu-ray/DVD-RW combo drive | Corsair HX650 | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 | Samsung 2333SW (23" LCD @ 1920x1080) | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

Re: F12 PrintScreen - what are the storage requirements?

Originally posted by PalZer0 View Post
    What are the storage requirements for the F12 PrintScreen function (flash drive format mainly)?

My flash drive (Sandisk Cruzer Micro 16GB) doesn't seem to be recognised by this function even though the BIOS sees it and I updated the BIOS to 0651 with it.

I'll press F12 to take a screenshot and it'll go to the drive selection menu but my flash drive isn't listed.

EDIT: I just tried another flash drive (Imation Nano Pro 16GB) and it doesn't show up in the list of drives to save a screenshot to either. I think the 0651 BIOS broke something there.
    A similar issue appeared in one of the Asrock threads. Since Asrock and ASUS were once the same company (or at least very closely associated), the same fix might work for you. Check the BIOS to see if Legacy USB support is enabled for "UEFI only" and, if so, try disabling it. From what I gather, enabling Legacy USB for UEFI actually only enables USB keyboard/mouse and disables other USB devices.

Note: I do not have an ASUS board so I don't know if this is even close to the problem or what options exist in the BIOS.

Comment

Working...
    X