ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

This thread will be used to provide official support for ASUS Z68 chipset motherboards. Share your experience, tips tricks and place support/technical queries in this thread please. :)

BIOS 0501 is due to go up soon, this will be for all current Z68 motherboards (P8Z68-V, Pro, Deluxe).

The fix-list is as follows.

1. Update RAID OPROM to version 10.5.0.1034 to enable the support of Intel Rapid Storage Technology version 10.5.0.1026
    2. Allow adjustment of Turbo Ratio for the K series CPU regardless of the status of the C-STATE option.

Note: For proper operation, please ensure to update Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 10.5.0.1026 before enabling Intel Smart Response Technology.
    Update procedure for users needing Intel Smart Response Technology:

(1) Enter OS, and ensure Intel Smart Response Technology has been turned off under Intel Rapid Storage Technology interface.
    (2) Install version Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 10.5.0.1026.
    (3) Reboot the system, and update BIOS to version 0501, then reboot.
    (5) Enter the BIOS setup screen, press F5 to load BIOS default, then change the Intel SATA Port to RAID mode.
    (4) Boot into OS, and re-enable Intel Smart Response Technology under Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

Lucid have also released a new beta Virtu driver:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6cohyipli8vmgc8/Virtu.rar

Lucid Virtu changes include: Support HTML 5.0 & Bug fixing in supported games

As always please ensure you have the latest Intel Chipset, LAN and Management Engine Interface drivers loaded along with AI Suite II or ROG Connect utilities.

Intel INF Update 1030 -
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DownloadType=

Intel Management Engine Interface Driver Update 1065 -
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...72&FamilyId=36

Intel LAN Driver Update 16.2
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...Z68DB&lang=eng

Intel RST 1027
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...Z68DB&lang=eng

Marvell & JMicron (SATA Drivers)
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...V+PRO&p=1&s=39
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 05-26-2011, 10:35 AM.

Re: ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

I am attempting to finish my first build and I've hit an annoying snag. During POST, my mobo beeps when the status lights hit the boot device LED and it stays on. My mobo recognizes my DVD writer and my SSD as potential boot devices. I was able to install WIN7 PRO on my SSD and everything seems to be working fine (other than a CPU temperature of 60 degrees C, but that's another story). Any suggestions?

Oh, and I can't seem to find the quick boot option in my bios so that I can bypass POST. Would anyone know where that is?

CONFIGURATION:

UEFI BIOS, version 0221
    Asus z68 pro mobo
    i7 2600k
    mushkin callisto 60 gb ssd
    ocz 750w fatality psu
    ASUS DVD writer
    16 GB corsair vengeance ram
    EVGA GTX 460

Comment

Hi,

Can you please update to the newest BIOS please:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/login.php?do=login

Lets see if that helps any of your problems.

-Raja

Comment

I updated to 0501 and now the CPU LED lights up. My computer no longer turns on.

Comment

Did the BIOS flash complete? This is the first case I have heard of where 0501 does not POST. I assume you've gone through the regular procedure of clearing the CMOS, using only one DIMM etc? If so drop me a PM and I'll get something sorted out for you.

-Raja

Comment

Hi all, I have this board and currently building my machine. last night I downloaded the lastest intel graphics drivers and tried to install it. I unzipped the file and it seems there are several folders and setup.exe files. I wasn't sure which to install, but I ran a few setup.exe files and i'm always getting the error "an error occured while registering one or more components. Setup will exit". I ran C:\...\intel_graphics_v815102372_VistaWin7\winvist a7_64\install\setup.exe this morning and got the same message. has anyone come across this? I'm running win7 64bit. If you haven't encountered this, can you please look in your device manager under Display Adapters and tell me what it says? I want to compare it with mine. thanks

Comment

Intel Graphics

I ran the top-level AsusSetup executable. I received the following error message:

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

I have submitted a support ticket with Asus. If Raja in this thread would respond, I would appreciate it.

I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit. The only display adapter listed in Device Manager is the one for my discrete graphics card; there is none for the integrated Intel graphics.

Douglas

Originally posted by velocci View Post
              last night I downloaded the lastest intel graphics drivers and tried to install it. I unzipped the file and it seems there are several folders and setup.exe files. I wasn't sure which to install, but I ran a few setup.exe files and i'm always getting the error "an error occured while registering one or more components. Setup will exit". I ran C:\...\intel_graphics_v815102372_VistaWin7\winvist a7_64\install\setup.exe this morning and got the same message. has anyone come across this? I'm running win7 64bit. If you haven't encountered this, can you please look in your device manager under Display Adapters and tell me what it says?

Comment

Re: Intel Graphics

If I don't plan to use the smart technology can I leave the current bios version or is it needed to clear up other issues I might run into? I ordered the board after researching and seeing good reviews and I am pretty savvy on building systems.

Comment

Originally posted by onlineaddy View Post
                  I ran the top-level AsusSetup executable. I received the following error message:

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

I have submitted a support ticket with Asus. If Raja in this thread would respond, I would appreciate it.

I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit. The only display adapter listed in Device Manager is the one for my discrete graphics card; there is none for the integrated Intel graphics.

Douglas

Did you remove the older drivers first? Sometimes if you install over older drives you can run into a driver conflict.

Comment

As I said, there was no driver for the iGPU. I did figure it out late last night: you need to enable Virtu in the BIOS to successfully install the Intel Graphics and Lucid Virtu drivers.

Originally posted by Happyfeet View Post
                    Did you remove the older drivers first? Sometimes if you install over older drives you can run into a driver conflict.

Comment

where is the Virtu feature in the bios?

Comment

where is the Virtu feature in the bios?
                        Look at section 3.5.2 (System Agent Configuration) of your user's manual. Namely, you need to enable iGPU Multi-Monitor.

Comment

see above that where it says "Initiate Graphics Adapter"? If i have a discrete card in the PCIE slot, which of those options do I choose if I want to use the integraded 2600k GPU for windows and application, but want to use my descrete video card for games? and one of the other options is "PCI/OCIE". WHAT IS OCIE?

Originally posted by onlineaddy View Post
                          Look at section 3.5.2 (System Agent Configuration) of your user's manual. Namely, you need to enable iGPU Multi-Monitor.

Comment

see above that where it says "Initiate Graphics Adapter"? If i have a discrete card in the PCIE slot, which of those options do I choose if I want to use the integraded 2600k GPU for windows and application, but want to use my descrete video card for games? and one of the other options is "PCI/OCIE". WHAT IS OCIE?
                            If you use I-mode Virtu (connect your monitor to one of the integrated display outputs), then you can use the integrated graphics for things like basic applications, flash acceleration, Windows, etc. and then your discrete GPU will be virtualized to do accelerate certain games, however, there is a whitelist that shows you the games that work with I-mode which you can see in the Virtu control panel. Also, you will have to use the correct discrete drivers and Virtu drivers in order to play any of the games in the I-mode whitelist with virtualized acceleration from your discrete graphics card.

The other Virtu option is D-mode (connect your monitor to your discrete card), and your discrete card will be used for everything, but you can utilize the integrated graphics in the background to do transcoding while you're playing a game on your discrete or doing anything else utilizing the discrete card.

So for what you are asking, the best option is I-mode but you can only play the games that are on the I-mode whitelist and you have to make sure you're using all of the correct drivers needed to run that particular game in I-mode.

You don't need to change the Initiate Graphics Adapter option in UEFI. You can leave it alone.

Comment

if i'm using d-mode with my monitor plugged into my discrete card, what will be used when i'm using IE for example or any other application like MS Office 2003?

Originally posted by ASUS - Mason Winner View Post
                              If you use I-mode Virtu (connect your monitor to one of the integrated display outputs), then you can use the integrated graphics for things like basic applications, flash acceleration, Windows, etc. and then your discrete GPU will be virtualized to do accelerate certain games, however, there is a whitelist that shows you the games that work with I-mode which you can see in the Virtu control panel. Also, you will have to use the correct discrete drivers and Virtu drivers in order to play any of the games in the I-mode whitelist with virtualized acceleration from your discrete graphics card.

The other Virtu option is D-mode (connect your monitor to your discrete card), and your discrete card will be used for everything, but you can utilize the integrated graphics in the background to do transcoding while you're playing a game on your discrete or doing anything else utilizing the discrete card.

So for what you are asking, the best option is I-mode but you can only play the games that are on the I-mode whitelist and you have to make sure you're using all of the correct drivers needed to run that particular game in I-mode.

You don't need to change the Initiate Graphics Adapter option in UEFI. You can leave it alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X