Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS Official Z68 Chipset Motherboards - Support Thread

Originally posted by velocci View Post
    if i'm using d-mode with my monitor plugged into my discrete card, what will be used when i'm using IE for example or any other application like MS Office 2003?
    If you're using D-mode then everything is done with your discrete graphics card. The only thing that the integrated graphics will be able to do is do transcoding tasks in the background, e.g., playing a 3D game using your discrete card and then transcoding videos in the background using the integrated graphics.

Comment

how do i do it so that for games i use my discrete card, for transcoding i use my igpu and for applications i also use the igpu?

Comment

Having issues with my P8Z68-V Pro running the latest BIOS (0651).
        1. In the CPU configuration it lists my i5 2500K as having a ratio range of 16-33.
        2. The F12 PrintScreen function doesn't recognise my flash drive even though it's plugged in and formatted to FAT32. There's no error message saying to plug a flash drive in but my flash drive doesn't appear on the list of drives to save to.
        ASUS P8Z68-V Pro (BIOS version 3402) | Core i5 2500K (4GHz) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R DDR3-1600 CL8 (2x4GB) | Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2GB | ASUS Xonar D2X | WD Caviar Black 1TB (WD1002FAEX) | LG CH10LS20 Blu-ray/DVD-RW combo drive | Corsair HX650 | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 | Samsung 2333SW (23" LCD @ 1920x1080) | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

Comment

I brought the P8Z68-V but with the TPU switch enabled it makes the motherboard completely unstable as in random reboots about every 20mins and when you run prime95 pc shuts down in 2 to 3 seconds and restarts.

Tried the auto overclock just the same random reboots and shuts down in seconds when stressing the pc are asus aware of this problem.

Im using Bios 0606

Comment

Z68 raid

I have a P8 Z68-V Pro with an Intel i5 and I already installed Windows 7. I want to implement RAID 1 using two 2T Hitachi drives that are installed on the Intel 6 Gb/s SATA ports. Whenever I change SATA from AHCI to RAID, it won't boot. I have found this elsewhere:

Originally Posted by Acebmxer
            You will need to make these changes. Set every thing to its default setting. (the way you installed windows). Make these registry changes, Then install the drivers and then reboot.
            Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Msahci\Start
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Pciide\Start
            HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\iaStorV\Start
            This is for only windows vista/7

Does anybody know, will this work? I mean, I know, YMMV, but does it seem to be workable, to you, or not?

Cheers!

Comment

Hi, Im having a little issue with my computer. I just built it and it seems to be destroying my RAM. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but with help of others its slowly coming along. ProfJim recommended that I post a link to that forum on here and ask the ASUS rep to have a look. Again I'm not sure this is a motherboard issue, but anything that might help I'm willing to try. I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Here's the link:
              Something is killing my RAM (causing errors)

Comment

Working...
              X