No announcement yet.

M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and EAH 5770-- Win7 x64 will not wake from sleep - details in post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and EAH 5770-- Win7 x64 will not wake from sleep - details in post

don't know if it's a video driver conflict or a mobo BIOS setting, or something else i haven't thought of, but this DIY machine will no longer wake from sleep. fans and drives spin but i get a black blank screen.

when i shut it off and turn it back on i usually get "resuming windows", which is a pain.

to my surprise, M$ has worked with me for hours on this, and after all that it looks like an Asus problem in some form or other.

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, and an Asus EAH 5770 video card with the latest driver.

God, would i love some help with this !! thanks to anyone who might contribute.

Michael
    Last edited by bigpygme; 05-02-2011, 10:38 PM.
    best regards,
    Michael

AMD Phenom x2 560, 4 cores unlocked (running as B60)
    Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
    HIS Radeon 7750
    8 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
    WD 1TB, 800 GB Backup

Re: M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and EAH 5770-- Win7 x64 will not wake from sleep - details in

no replies on this site yet?
    i hoped it was more active than this !

maybe i've just stumped the knowledgeable ones who can usually help !!! <S>
    best regards,
    Michael

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
    HIS Radeon 7750
    WD 1TB, 800 GB Backup

Comment

Re: M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and EAH 5770-- Win7 x64 will not wake from sleep - details in

Hi bigpygme, what are you BIOS settings are you running as well as your BIOS revision? IDE or AHCI mode? There is a new BIOS as of 4/1/11 for this board, version 2001. You can download the latest BIOS rev. from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-. Are you doing any overclocking? Also, have you changed any BIOS settings since sleep was working properly? Have you recently installed any hardware or software since sleep mode was working properly? If so, you may want to try removing that hardware and/or software and see if that helps.

Another thing you can try is using the integrated video ports and see if the issue still occurs or not.

Comment

MASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - thank you for a reply !!!!!!!!

uh, how many of the BIOS settings do you want me to list, and which ones? i'd bee happy t o, just need some direction ...

BIOS Rev was the latest one, until the one you said just got released 4/1 ... didn't know about that. THANKS. i can take care of that.

your other Q's: IDE, not AHCI. very modest O/C'ing, just what the mobo will do automatically without me messing with settings directly, not very aggresive. no changes to the BIOS to cause the sleep problem, no hardware or software changes that preceeded the Sleep problem - i have no idea what changed.

i can try the integrated video setup through the mobo and see if that does anything ... i know Microsoft was looking at video display drivers when they first started investigating the problem with me, but it seemed to be all right. they didn't suggest that - it's a thought. do i need to uninstall the display drivers? (they are up to date - probably not, but i'm asking ...)

i will report back after i update BIOS and try the change in video output.

Thank you for your ideas !!!!!!!!!!!

Michael
        best regards,
        Michael

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
        HIS Radeon 7750
        WD 1TB, 800 GB Backup

Comment

Hi Michael,

The question about your BIOS settings was mainly just to see if you were doing any overclocking. You can save your OC settings to the OC Profile in the Tools menu of the BIOS and then load BIOS defaults (F5), save and exit (F10), just to see if the OC has any effect on the sleep issue. You can go back into the OC Profile later and load your saved BIOS settings for your OC so you won't have to manually configure it again.

Yes, I recommend using DriverSweeper from Guru3D to completely remove the display drivers, and then see if you still have the issue when connected via one of the integrated video outputs.

Comment

hey Mason -

the non O/C'd profile seems to work for getting into and out of sleep, at least short term.

BTW, the computer worked FINE overclocked with AI (i think it is) for MONTHS !!! the O/C i was using was the overclock that the mobo just does without me physically altering any settings directly, just clicking the automatic overclock button in the AI tab. so i wonder why all the sudden it stopped working right ...

so, i wonder what could have changed.

i also wonder what does this mean?

does it mean the O/C isn't stable?
            Does it mean i cannot have both?
            is this a common source of a problem like this?
            or, is this even a common problem?

so anyway, i didn't even have to fuss with the display driver or output, and so i haven't ...

thanks for any insights you may have on these questionss ... and for your time and thoughts so far ...

Michael
            Last edited by bigpygme; 05-06-2011, 04:39 PM.
            best regards,
            Michael

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
            HIS Radeon 7750
            WD 1TB, 800 GB Backup

Comment

Hi Mason -

any ideas why this computer worked fine for a year with modest automatic O/C'ing through mobo setting AI and now doesn't seem to want to ?

many thanks for your time and help ...

Michael
              best regards,
              Michael

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
              HIS Radeon 7750
              WD 1TB, 800 GB Backup

Comment

Working...
              X