No announcement yet.

Asus M2N-E mobo temperature very high (65-72 celcius)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus M2N-E mobo temperature very high (65-72 celcius)

Hi,

I've been having some issues with my motherboard temperature. I've monitored it with the BIOS, coretemp, speedfan and AIDA64 and they all show the same temperatures which vary from 65 to 72 degrees Celsius.

I have an Antec 500 watts power supply, AMD athlon 64 x2 4000+ processor, Nvidia geforce gt240 graphics card and asus m2n-e motherboard with 4 1gb sticks of DDR2.

The processor temperatures vary from 37-45 degrees so I'm not too worried but the motherboard temperature is very high and I can't figure out why.

I do want to mention that the computer sometimes turns off by itself, that when I try to restart it it shuts down instead and that for some odd reason when I unplug my ethernet cable the computer shuts down. Also, whenever the computer shuts down (whether I manually do it or it turns off by itself) I need to power-cycle the power supply with the button or by unplugging the power cable and re-plugging it in order to re-start the computer. If I don't power-cycle the power supply it turns on but does not boot, it makes some weird noises as if it wasn't able to get enough electricity to start.
    It was suggested to me that the power issues might be because the integrated ethernet adapted on the mobo might be fried and that purchasing an ethernet PCI card could solve everything.

I did not find any bulging caps on the mobo.. power supply voltage seems ok too.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by nethox; 03-21-2011, 11:37 AM.

Re: Asus M2N-E mobo temperature very high (65-72 celcius)

What BIOS revision are you running on the M2N-E? Do you remember any particular hardware or software changes that were made prior to these issues occurring or have they been happening since you began using the system? If you have any System Restore checkpoints, you might use one of the checkpoints to try to restore back to an earlier date before the problem was occurring.

Comment

Hi, actually, these power issues started occuring after several power surges that we had here (around 10 in the same day) and i do not have a surge protector for that computer! Ive had the system for about 3 years and it was running well before that, I never updated the bios so it might be outdated, ill check later when im home! As for a restore point, ive done a clean format 2 weeks ago so i dont think its software related, thanks!

Comment

I see. Since the power issues started after there were some surges and since the issues persist even have a clean reinstall, it seems like either your PSU or the motherboard could be off. I would recommend swapping out the PSU if you have another one that you can use. If not, you can contact our tech support so you can send the board in for tests.

Comment

Working...
        X