Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocked my motherboard?

Hi everyone!

(Specs: Asus Premium P6X58D Motherboard, Intel Core i7 @ 2.88 ghz, Windows 7 Professional, Ati Diamond Radeon HD 5770, Corsair Dominator DDR3 6GB ram (3x2gb), 1TB Seagate HDD (7200 RPM, 300+mbps read/write or something), LiteOn Blu Ray Reader/cd,dvd,etc read/write, OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU)

The other day I came into my room and I was wearing a jacket (I had just gotten home) and I reached down and turned on my computer. As I reached for my power switch, I got shocked (static electricity). I have one of those "clear" cases (cause I think they look cool) so it isn't very good at handling static electricity.
    I was annoyed at the time, but I knew there was nothing I could do, so I continued the booting process.

As it started up, it informed me that I had installed a new CPU (I just hit continue and it went on it's merry way.) That evening, I turned it off and went to sleep. I woke up several hours later and it was still spinning the donut telling me windows was shutting down yadayadayada. I power buttoned it and then started it again so I could do some work. This time when it came up, it started that stupid Asus Express Gate whatchamajig which I had specifically disabled in the bios. I quit it and went to the bios and disabled it again, then booted.
    When it came up it started telling me about recovering from some unexpected error shutdown bluescreen of death (Sorry, I should have screenshotted it...)
    I just ignored it, and it *seems* to be running just like normal (although it *did* bluescreen on me once- after I had locked it and left the room to get a snack I turned around when I saw the screens change blue in my periforal vision.)

So do you think I should be concerned, or send it in for repairs or something, or just leave it?
    Advice is appreciated, and Thank you for your time!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...00000545964926 <--More Pictures
    Last edited by DarthCaniac; 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM. Reason: Added Image, cause Pictures are AWESOME!
Working...
X