No announcement yet.

P7P55D-E Deluxe S3 Resume; RAM CL is not correct.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P7P55D-E Deluxe S3 Resume; RAM CL is not correct.

Howdy,

I can't be happier about this mobo; the EVGA P55 FTW I had previously was the "fool me 3 times, shame on me" example after a 780i, 790i Ultra, and P55 SLI. Never again for EVGA motherboards.

Anyways.

Whenever I resume my system from S3 standby the RAM CL timing is incorrect.
    I do not think I am having an issue with CPU-Z or AIDA64 because both of those software applications display identical RAM timings when this occurs.

Note: I have set the BIOS entry for "ASUS/3rd Party UI Priority" setting to "3rd Party" because I don't use any of the ASUS software.

Currently I am running at 1600Mhz 7-7-7-21-2N. If I put my machine to sleep, when I wake it up the timings will change to 8-7-7-21-2N.

When I reboot the system the CL setting returns to 7; this change only happens when putting the system into a standby state, and then waking the system up.

Hopefully I am not missing some other BIOS setting that would alleviate this issue; it is not too terrible to reboot the system, but it kind of defeats the purpose of using S3.

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Peace out!
    i5-2500K / ASRock Z68 Pro3-M / Corsair 2x4GB Vengeance 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
    Corsair AX850 / 150GB WD VRaptor / 1TB WD Black
    7 Pro X64 SP1 / EVGA 9800GTX+

Re: P7P55D-E Deluxe S3 Resume; RAM CL is not correct.

Forgot to mention that I am using BIOS version 1002 and Windows Professional x64. Will update sig to reflect hardware.

Comment

This is a known Intel chipset issue, it is only cosmetic and not actually the incorrect value, X58 is affected as well.

Comment

Coolio. Thanks man.

LSDmeasap is representing ASUS now? or are you just showing them how it's done? Joking, joking.

Thanks again, you've helped me a bunch in the past too!

Comment

Na, I just saw no one had replied and I knew about the issue is all.

I'm actually waiting on a reply from the Asus rep here too via PM, looks like he's been here a few times too with no reply :(

Anytime man, happy to help no matter what brand is being used! :)

Comment

Originally posted by cesthree View Post
            Forgot to mention that I am using BIOS version 1002 and Windows Professional x64. Will update sig to reflect hardware.
            I observed the same behavior with Gigabyte motherboards with Intel P55 chipset. See my recent post:
            http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...d2-others.html.

Do you also see HAL Event 12 errors in Windows system log when this happens?

Comment

Working...
            X