Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X670E Taichi Audio Noise

Greetings,

I have been ripping out what hair I have left, trying to stop the pops and crackles in the audio system.

The pops and crackles, when they start, seem to be tied to actions in the Windows environment: mouse clicks, changes in YouTube videos, navigation, etc. A good example is testing the sound in Windows Control Panel. Double click on the default sound device, go to advanced and click on the green test arrow. Each time the sound starts on the left and arrives on the right, it clicks and pops.

I finally settled on BIOS 1.11, a totally clean Windows install and using the ASRock auto installer for drivers.

The auto installer did not install audio as Windows beat it to the punch. It also choked on the internal Graphics, but I just installed it using the inf files. I digress.

I removed the audio drivers Windows installed and deleted the devices. I then installed the ASRock package using the exe file. So far, so good. However everything else I've tried was so far, so good...for a time.

Is it the fact that there are 2 audio devices showing up in Device Manager:

USB\VID_0B05&PID_19AC&REV_0001&MI_00
    Realtek USB2.0 Audio - with a driver (10.0.22621.1) 2022-05-06

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_4014&REV_0001&MI_00
    Realtek USB Audio - with a driver (6.3.9600.50) 2016-06-12

Should there be 2 audio devices showing up? Is it possible the two entries colliding is what is causing the pops and crackles? Should I disable one of the devices? Is one of the devices the front audio connectors??

I dual boot Windows 11. In one install, I get the above device entries; and in the other, I get 2 Realtek USB2.0 entries.

I should also point out that when I installed BIOS 1.11A06 and 1.14A06, the pops and crackles came soon after. This could be coincidence.

I would be happy at this point just understanding what the audio setup is supposed to look like. Hard to get answers.

Thanks,
    Graham
Working...
X