Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock H87M bootloop issue

Hi guys!

I've bought an AsRock H87M used. I already knew that it had this issue: when you press the power button, fans start spinning for a second, then the system reboots endlessly, until you don't shut off the psu.

I've checked the pins on the socket and they are all ok.

What could it be?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

Is the memory compatible or faulty? try some other memory, if the memory controller cannot establish a working set of parameters the system may continue to reboot trying different settings.   The power supply may be dodgy, starting up then loss of power good signal causing the processor to stop then as the load drops the power good comes back on. This has tight parameters.   Check the power supply for short drop in voltage and for the power good signal.  

Comment

The psu is good for sure: is the one I usually use on my main pc. Also, the RAM was used in my last 1155 mb, but the problem is that the system always reboots even with no ram at all.

The strange thing is that, if I jumper clrcmos for a lot of time (around one hour) and I remove the battery too and then I reassembly all and start the system, it starts and I have no reboot, but with black screen. When I turn it off and then turn it on again, the bootloop starts again!

Comment

Working...
      X