No announcement yet.

Refurbed ASRock H97M Pro4 has hard-to-remove fingerprints on back of CPU tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refurbed ASRock H97M Pro4 has hard-to-remove fingerprints on back of CPU tray

I have what appears to be a refurbished ASRock H97M Pro4, sent by ASRock (via RMA while still under warranty) as a replacement to a new board that arrived bricked. On the back of the CPU tray there are mildly crusty fingerprints that are almost practically stuck on the board and are hard to remove. I can't say whether the residue from the prints came from thermal paste that has long-since hardened, or something else left those prints behind.

Thermal material remover and surface purifier won't work. I used the ArctiClean brand to try to get those prints off the back. Is there something else that I can use to remove the prints without disturbing the sensitive components (i.e., the pins) on the other side of the CPU tray? Would alcohol suffice? Or do I need something tougher, like Ajax on a slightly wet cotton ball, or a small piece of a Brillo pad, or Noxon on a rag?

Re: Refurbed ASRock H97M Pro4 has hard-to-remove fingerprints on back of CPU tray

Never mind. Noxon worked. A refurbished board (and it remains to be seen if it is really refurbished, when I finish rebuilding my machine this weekend and testing it) should not look this dirty, as if it were a thoroughly used board.

Comment

Re: Refurbed ASRock H97M Pro4 has hard-to-remove fingerprints on back of CPU tray

How did it look after you cleaned it? It looked like the metal had oxidized! it would have annoyed me..
      joe

Comment

It has the typical shine you'd expect if you were cleaning a coin or silver spoon with Noxon.

Comment

Right now, it has the kind of shine you'd expect after cleaning a coin or silver spoon with Noxon.

Comment

It shines like the average coin or silver spoon after being rubbed with Noxon. It's not perfect, but it is much better, now that those fingerprints and discoloration (parts of that steel looked like brass before the Noxon) are completely gone.

Comment

Hi CookyMonzta, please contact me at [email protected] with the board's serial number. I would like to also collect the information of where you purchased this unit as refurbished. Units that are recertified in our US branch location shouldn't have this kind of residual. Cleanliness is part of our steps during the repackaging process. Please let me know. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X