X470 Taichi Ultimate; neither DEL or F2 enter bios setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X470 Taichi Ultimate; neither DEL or F2 enter bios setup

Can't enter bios when booting. Sits for a bit then all external lights go off, keyboard, monitors get no picture and the computer just sits there.
    I try to update the bios via the app shop and i get the notice "!!Firmware TPM!! 1. In control panel>system and security>bitlocker Drive Encryption, turn off bitlocker. 2. Restart toUEFI Bios setup and and disable firmware TPM."
    Windows reports that bitlocker is not enabled.
    And I can't get into UEFI Bios Setup, per the previously mention problem, and I never enabled TPM.

Help

Re: X470 Taichi Ultimate; neither DEL or F2 enter bios setup

Originally posted by Zarloff View Post
    Can't enter bios when booting. Sits for a bit then all external lights go off, keyboard, monitors get no picture and the computer just sits there.
    I try to update the bios via the app shop and i get the notice "!!Firmware TPM!! 1. In control panel>system and security>bitlocker Drive Encryption, turn off bitlocker. 2. Restart toUEFI Bios setup and and disable firmware TPM."
    Windows reports that bitlocker is not enabled.
    And I can't get into UEFI Bios Setup, per the previously mention problem, and I never enabled TPM.

Help
    I had that issue and it was caused by ultra fast boot being on...
    If that is on, the keyboard strokes are disabled to enter the bios....
    I reset cmos and was able to get in.
    I then downloaded the uefi app from ASrock, installed it, booted to the bios and turned ufb back on.

Comment

Re: X470 Taichi Ultimate; neither DEL or F2 enter bios setup

Originally posted by Dmac43 View Post
      I had that issue and it was caused by ultra fast boot being on...
      If that is on, the keyboard strokes are disabled to enter the bios....
      I reset cmos and was able to get in.
      I then downloaded the uefi app from ASrock, installed it, booted to the bios and turned ufb back on.
      Thanks for the input ... it is exactly what I just finally figured out.

I had the day off and just reset the bios and updated it to ver. 3.2. Now i can get into the bios, i also added the fast uefi app. But I still have problems with an extremely long wait before it boots to windows. I can't figure out what it is caused by. I have noted that I didn't install win 10 in UEFI mode, it in legacy mode. I am now trying to figure out if i can do a nondestructive install and change it to UEFI mode.
      I also misstated my MB it is not an ultimate.

Comment

Working...
      X