I have a serious problem with audio on my new x470 taichi motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a serious problem with audio on my new x470 taichi motherboard

Hi, I recently upgraded my pc and I have a very weird and annoying problem with the sound.

This clip shows ac origins but happens in other games too, and outside games as shown at the end of the clip. Some sounds in games don't play: footsteps, environmental sounds, some effects, etc. randomly. Has a weird reverb tunnel/hallway echo even though no such effect is enabled in realtek control panel.

In or outside of games, it just doesn't work as it's supposed to: this 1 and a half minute video I made explains the problem perfectly (yes i know the thumbnail is a bit nonrelated but i cant seem to be able to change it lol):
    X470 taichi sound problem in games and on the desktop - YouTube

Specs:

windows 10 64bit
    My new PC: Asrock x470 taichi / 16Gb Gskill 3200 Cl14 @ 3200cl14 / msi RTX 2080 gaming x trio / ssd/hdd etc 650w 80+ gold psu

My old PC: i7 6700K / msi z270 gaming m7 / 16gb corsair 3000mhz cl15 / msi rx 480 gaming x 8gb

old pc never had such problems with sound whatsoever.

I have reinstalled windows after assembling the new rig, latest drivers from amd site for the x470 chipset, latest drivers from nvidia as of today 19/12/2018 latest audio driver from asrock ( Realtek high definition audio driver ver:8408_FF00 ) at 404 - File or directory not found. Taichi/index.asp#Download, latest windows updates (win version 1809 17763.194)
Working...
X