Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z370 Taichi Debug Code 00

Hi,

First off I want to say thanks to any help that I receive here. I'm pretty new to computer building overall and this is a great resource for newbies like myself.

I am currently at work and I ran across something that may be the answer, but I figured that before I ask if I am right, I should probably lay out the who situation for clarity.

So, I decided to build a new computer recently. I purchased all of the parts and with the help of my brother, we put everything together. He's built a few computers himself in the past but it has been about 5-6 years since his last real build.

Unfortunately after getting everything installed, the motherboard gave us a debug error code of: 00

The fans run as well as the water cooler, ram, etc. Everything runs except that it doesn't seem to post. My monitor stays black.

Here is my build:
    Case: Be Quiet! Silent 801
    Motherboard: Asrock Z370 Taichi
    RAM: 16 GB (8x2) G. Skill Trident Z
    CPU: I7 8700K
    GPU: AMD Sapphire Vega 64 (currently being RMA'd for a replacement)
    CPU Cooler: NZXT X62 Kraken
    Power Supply: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 1000w 80+ Platinum

The graphics card would light up but the fans would not work. We swapped it for an older graphics card which started right up. So that is being sent back for a replacement.

I have tried uninstalling everything. I've checked that the CPU has been properly installed, that there are no bent pins, etc. I have cleared the CMOS by pressing and holding the button. I have plugged in everything just to see if I could pinpoint the problem. But nothing seems to work.

So with some downtime about 15 minutes ago, I decided to look up the manual for the motherboard and see if there is something we missed in our initial build.

Here is the page listing the slots, pins etc. on the motherboard:
    ManualsLib - Makes it easy to find manuals online!...

And the corresponding layout:
    ManualsLib - Makes it easy to find manuals online!...

Number 1 on that list is: ATX 12V Power Connector (ATX12V1)

I took pictures last night when I opened the case. I looked at it this morning and there is nothing plugged into the ATX 12V Power Connector. Of course we plugged the PSU into the motherboard but this is not plugged in.

I looked the term up and I see that it provides additional power to the CPU. That CPU's used to be powered by the 20-pin main power cable but now they are powered by 4 or 8 pin 12 volt CPU power connector.

So after this long post and all of this rambling on my part, I guess what I want to know is: Is it most likely that the cause for my 00 debug error code is that I do not have what appears to be the 8-pin ATX 12V Power Connector plugged into my motherboard?

I have included a picture that I took last night before I checked the CPU and reapplied the thermal paste. Excuse the temporary bad cable management.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181208_142201-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	756483
Working...
X