Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?

My current motherboard Asrock Fatal1ty itc/ac z270 is limited by only one USB Controllers (Intel JHL6240 Thunderbolt 3) controlling

whereas hopefully the new x299 motherboard I need for missing PCI slot I currently don't have, I'm looking at the Taichi/Formula OC/Pro Gaming i9 model range, will have two host controllers plus another hub like this one ((2) ASM3142 PCIe 3.0 x2, ASM1074 Hub) that our controlling
    • 3 USB 3.1 Gen2 10Gb/s (1 Front Header, 1 Type-A + 1 Type-C), 8 USB 3.1 Gen1 (4 Front, 4 Rear)

I have just purchased a motion simulator chair [usb 2.0] and I've run into the USB bandwidth issue where the simtool software will disconnect intermittently if other USB devices with heavy bandwidth like fanatec clubsport wheel and especially Samsung VR/any headset is plugged in as well. A pci Express USB card like the "Starech 4 Dedicated 5Gbps Channels" was recommended @ xsimulator.net forum but unfortunately I have a mini ATX Asrock Fatal1ty itx/ac which obviously doesn't have any PCI Express slots so hence the need for help to choose stable multiple host controller mobo as the x299 or x399 for future proofing. I was able to get the problem reduced by implemented the recommended "disabling of the USB suspend" in the power settings of Windows 10 but it's still not cured the problem completely.

So if i can confirm the number of usb controllers, is the Taichi ASM1074 Hub a 3rd usb controller? Is there any diagrams, Asrock staff or anyone, to show data transfers/flow of usb controllers please?

Last edited by optical10; 09-16-2018, 09:37 AM.
Working...
X