Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock X470 Taichi RAM issue?

Hey guys,

I need some help. I recently put together a Ryzen 2700x build with a x470 Taichi board and 16GB ddr43600 CL15 ram from G.Skill and i'm having trouble getting it to run at rated speeds. The memory is not on the QVL, which of course doesn't mean it's not compatible but has not been tested or proven to be so..i get that. I'm just wondering if anyone has had the issue i've been having?

When i try to input the settings for dd43200 at CL15, or really at any speed using CL15, the it ALWAYS registers as CL16. SO, in stead of seeing 15-15-15-15-35 i see 16-15-15-15-35. If i change it to CL14 that registers properly, and if i change it to CL16 it registers the same as if i put CL15. IS this just a bios issue? A bug? OR am i seriously missing something?

Additionally, i have not been able to get it to run stable at any CL other than 16 or higher. When i try to push it to CL14, it will warm boot without problem and run memtest without problems, but as soon as i try to cold boot it it will fail and reset. This is regardless of how much voltage i've pumped to the ram (up to 1.5 just to see if i can get it to work at all) or the SOC (up to 1.3 just to see if it would work at all). IT flat will not cold boot at cl14.

I guess i'm hoping one of you has more experience with Ryzen than i do and might be able to point me in the right direction? I even tried updating to the beta bios 1.35A to see if that might alleviate the issue but this did not work either.

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X