Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - Vcore BUG !!

Hello.

I change MSI SLI PLUS Z370 to Extrem4, and i see many problems down here.

I have BIOS 1.8 Last One on webside.

1. DDR IS/SA - BUG - allredy know this topis
    2. Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3600MHz CL18 B-Die - one chip dont start, ok i can buy new one.. But im not happy from that.
    3. No Adaptive Vcore CPU- ok i can fight with offset.

4. And at last VCORE! And Watage Consumption! 8700K for start, using Prime95 V29.4 Small FTT

Extreme4 - STOCK! 8700K 1,184V 4300MHz = 180-190WAT! IT IS INSANE!! This CPU have only 95W TDP!

MSI SLI PLUS - 8700K 1,32V 4700MHz = 180Wat!
    Asrock Extreme4 - 8700K 1.20V 4700MHz = 220-230Wat!

Watage was readed from HwInfo and CoreTemp.

Also i check Watage on in wall.
    Wattmeter show 100Wat in IDLE -> and grow up to 280Wat Prime95. (8700K 1.20V 4700MHz)

So its is growing up by 180Wats. In programs i have 15-20wats on CPU and 220-230wats in Prime95
    So programs dont show ideal Wats, but it is quiet OK

And again lets back to my CPU. My 8700K wasnt stable even with 1,32V @4700Mhz. On Extreme4 its OK witch 1,20V. I still didnt check how low i can go with Vcore, but for now it is minimum -0,12V.

PLS TELL ME, what is going on here ??
    This is my last AsRock Motherboard? Im statring this Topic on most popular Forum in Poland - PcLab.pl.
    So U can trust my, im not only one, who will know all that BUGs.

Asrock Extreme4 Z370 - Vcore BUG - 8700K - Album on Imgur

Re: AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - Vcore BUG !!

Looks like no-one gives a crap friend.
    Same in the actual AsRock forums - they don't reply to anything.

They do make decent boards but their customer service is atrocious.

As for your power concerns, you are probably running Multi-Core-Enhancement (MCE) which would be responsible for 40%+ more power draw as you are exceeding Intel specifications by running all cores at the same frequency.
    Personally, I purposely do this because I want the maximum performance and the few cents a day on electricity are the least of my concerns - this is a gaming PC, I don't care about power usage.

If it works and performs well without stability issues then it's all good.
    If power usage is of concern to you, you should not be overclocking any components, and perhaps find a good laptop with low power CPU/GPU?

But looks like you built a power PC, but you don't want it to use so much power? You can't have things both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Globespy View Post
      Looks like no-one gives a crap friend.
      Same in the actual AsRock forums - they don't reply to anything.

They do make decent boards but their customer service is atrocious.

As for your power concerns, you are probably running Multi-Core-Enhancement (MCE) which would be responsible for 40%+ more power draw as you are exceeding Intel specifications by running all cores at the same frequency.
      Personally, I purposely do this because I want the maximum performance and the few cents a day on electricity are the least of my concerns - this is a gaming PC, I don't care about power usage.

If it works and performs well without stability issues then it's all good.
      If power usage is of concern to you, you should not be overclocking any components, and perhaps find a good laptop with low power CPU/GPU?

But looks like you built a power PC, but you don't want it to use so much power? You can't have things both ways.

I have this topic i ass now. Like AsRock Company. Last Motherboard from they.

Overclocking CPU have sens only with Fixed Voltage Vcore and maximum LLC 5 on Asrock.
      Offset Voltage makes much more problems. When we use lower LLC Vcore 2 or 3, then Power Consumtion is not maching with vcore showing in programs under load.

I dont use Multi-Core-Enhancement CPU :)

Laptops are not for me.

Thex for try, bo i know now, AsRock is a s.......t
      Next Time MSI or Asus with Adaptive Vcore :)

Comment

Originally posted by Minciu View Post
        I have this topic i ass now. Like AsRock Company. Last Motherboard from they.

Overclocking CPU have sens only with Fixed Voltage Vcore and maximum LLC 5 on Asrock.
        Offset Voltage makes much more problems. When we use lower LLC Vcore 2 or 3, then Power Consumtion is not maching with vcore showing in programs under load.

I dont use Multi-Core-Enhancement CPU :)

Laptops are not for me.

Thex for try, bo i know now, AsRock is a s.......t
        Next Time MSI or Asus with Adaptive Vcore :)
        You might be making a common mistake.
        LLC 5 is NOT what you want for a stable overclock.
        AsRock LLC is not the same as other boards.
        AsRock LLC1 is about the same as LLC5 on Asus boards.
        Ideally you want to be using a fixed voltage and LLC1 or LLC2.

Also, disable all power C states, speedstep and speedshift - some will argue that this is wasting energy and it's not good to have your CPU at a constant fixed voltage/clock speed.
        Sure, you might spend a few extra dollars per year in electricity, but as long as your vCore is acceptable (under 1.4v) then your CPU will remain just at constant clock speed as it would if clocked lower.
        I have 5.3ghz all cores/1.39v and at idle my temps are 28C

What degrades a CPU is current (amps) AND power draw (watts). It's not just vCore as many have been led to believe.
        Of course, if you run crazy vCore then you can have problems but a fixed voltage/clock at idle will not harm your CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by tara12
          What degrades a CPU is current (amps) AND power draw (watts). It's not just vCore as many have been led to believe.
          Of course, if you run crazy vCore then you can have problems but a fixed voltage/clock at idle will not harm your CPU.
          Which is why every OC I do is fixed voltage well within the comfort levels - it makes practically no difference to longevity of a CPU if you run at 1.2v or 1.35v 24/7 and anyone who can categorically say otherwise really needs to retire that 15 year old PC!!
          I've never had a CPU die from an OC, not one, not ever in over 20 years of building PC's and OC'ing.
          :)

Comment

Working...
          X