ASROCK Vision X 321B/W, Intel i5-3210M video display issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK Vision X 321B/W, Intel i5-3210M video display issues

I have been using a Vision X 321 B/W for several years mainly to run Kodi and display it on my TV. A couple of days ago, I received a stop code message when booting Win 10 (see below)

My research indicated that this is due to a bad GPU driver (potentially it was installed automatically). What does not make sense, however, is that I even get scrambled graphics in the BIOS (picture posted separately below).
    <attachment></attachment>

By memorizing key combinations, I managed to re-boot in safe mode. However, this didn't help and the screen remained scrambled (picture posted separately below).

Since all of this didn't help, I considered replacing the GPU but realized that MXM GPUs are not really for sale. Finally, I removed first one and then the other RAM stick but that does not seem to be the problem unless both became faulty at the same time.

The unit was expensive and I would like to save it. I can't find a way to start Win 10. Does it sound like the GPU is the problem? But then how is it possible that the BIOS is scrambled while the Win stop screen is legible? If it is the GPU, where would one find a compatible MXM card? What else other than the GPU could be the problem?

Any help and ideas other than throwing away the unit would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: ASROCK Vision X 321B/W, Intel i5-3210M video display issues

BIOS screen:
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: ASROCK Vision X 321B/W, Intel i5-3210M video display issues

screen after safe boot:
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X