Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB

Hello !
    My new Asrock X99 Extreme11 MB reports only 48GB of RAM instead of 64GB of RAM.
    I have Bios version 3.20.
    I installed HyperX Savage Black 64GB DDR4 2400MHz CL14 Quad Channel Kit
    manufacturer code : HX424C14SBK4/64 and
    CPU Intel® Core™ i7-6850K, 3.60GHz , Broadwell, 15MB, Socket 2011-V3

Please tell me how to configure the RAM from BIOS to use all 64 GB of RAM installed.

Thank You !

Re: Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB

Start by checking the system browser in the UEFI, there's a pic of your mobo and it shows the hardware connected, look to see which stick is not shown. Under TOOLS.

For quad it's A1, B1, C1, D1, number the sticks, try each one individually in slot A1, if they all report, then put them back in same way and see, if not try switching them around.

Comment

As I said, all of the 4 RAM modules are shown in the SYETEM EXPLORER. A1,B1,C1,D1 slots have the same values, so all 4 modules are ok. But only 3 (except D1 slot) are usable for BIOS and WINDOWS.

Here are some screen captures for better understanding :

WeTransfer

Comment

Originally posted by lmax25 View Post
        Hello !
        My new Asrock X99 Extreme11 MB reports only 48GB of RAM instead of 64GB of RAM.
        I have Bios version 3.20.
        I installed HyperX Savage Black 64GB DDR4 2400MHz CL14 Quad Channel Kit
        manufacturer code : HX424C14SBK4/64 and
        CPU Intel® Core™ i7-6850K, 3.60GHz , Broadwell, 15MB, Socket 2011-V3

Please tell me how to configure the RAM from BIOS to use all 64 GB of RAM installed.

Thank You !
        Nowhere, do I see in this post you say you checked system browser.

After building boards for years memory has done strange things, moving sticks has worked when they weren't shown. Strange how the UEFI doesn't see D1, but system browser does and Aida does.

You should make sure all memory settings are default as sometimes the memory will be under clocked, and then try setting XMP to clock or over clocked.

This has worked for some to see all memory. After this I would send asrock a support ticket as they might make you a UEFI with Improve DRAM compatibility for your situation.

You can also wait for another suggestion. Hope you get it all showing.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
          Nowhere, do I see in this post you say you checked system browser.

After building boards for years memory has done strange things, moving sticks has worked when they weren't shown. Strange how the UEFI doesn't see D1, but system browser does and Aida does.

You should make sure all memory settings are default as sometimes the memory will be under clocked, and then try setting XMP to clock or over clocked.

This has worked for some to see all memory. After this I would send asrock a support ticket as they might make you a UEFI with Improve DRAM compatibility for your situation.

You can also wait for another suggestion. Hope you get it all showing.
          I solved nothing with my DDR4 64 GB Quad Channel Memory Kit (code : HX424C14SBK4/64 )... Still 48GB instead of 64GB

So I decided to trust Asrock Technical Support and I spent another 200$ more and I bought a new DDR4 16 GB Quad Channel Memory Kit (code : HX421C13SBK4/16 ). This memory is listed on Asrock supported memory page ASRock > X99 Extreme11.

I had another surprise : 12 GB of RAM instead 16 GB
          And again the system browser can recognize all 4 memory slots (A1/B1/C1/D1) and also Aida can recognize all 4 memory slots but Windows 7 reports only 12 GB of RAM and BIOS reports only 12 GB of RAM .......

Now I have a expensive PC that works fine between 10 to 20 minutes and after I can see a beautiful blue screen ....................

Please tell me what to do ?!

What is wrong with Asrock compatibility list ?!

How long will take until Asrock will release a new BIOS Version (I have 3.20 Bios version) ???

Thank You !

Comment

Working...
          X