Overclocking Asrock z68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking Asrock z68

HI Guys! I have an Asrock z68 pro3 Motherboard, a i5- 2500k Prozessor and a 8gb Team-Elite Ram 1333. I didn't want to spend Money for a new Computer, so I decided to Switch some parts and overclock the cpu.

First I got a gtx 1060 graficcard
    then i got a Noctua dh15 for overclocking

My questions

1) I have bios Version P.1.10: should I upgrade to 2.1 or Beta L2.16A or leave it be??
    2) Should I Switch the Ram to Corsair Vengeance 2133 8 or 16GB or should i leave the 1333?

Thanks for the suggestions!

Re: Overclocking Asrock z68

Originally posted by Gararoth View Post
    HI Guys! I have an Asrock z68 pro3 Motherboard, a i5- 2500k Prozessor and a 8gb Team-Elite Ram 1333. I didn't want to spend Money for a new Computer, so I decided to Switch some parts and overclock the cpu.

First I got a gtx 1060 graficcard
    then i got a Noctua dh15 for overclocking

My questions

1) I have bios Version P.1.10: should I upgrade to 2.1 or Beta L2.16A or leave it be??
    2) Should I Switch the Ram to Corsair Vengeance 2133 8 or 16GB or should i leave the 1333?

Thanks for the suggestions!
    Hi there, I would leave the bios as is and yes I would upgrade you ram, 16GB if you can, The Noctua dh 15 is what I have so good choice
    Happy overclocking, plenty of guides on youtube
    Regards
    joe

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-912 View Post
      Hi there, I would leave the bios as is and yes I would upgrade you ram, 16GB if you can, The Noctua dh 15 is what I have so good choice
      Happy overclocking, plenty of guides on youtube
      Regards
      joe
      Thanks for the suggestions. Just curious: Why do they suggest in several guides to use newest BIOS?

Comment

Originally posted by Gararoth View Post
        Thanks for the suggestions. Just curious: Why do they suggest in several guides to use newest BIOS?
        Yes a lot of guides do say that, but reading your bios upgrade notes theres nothing in there unless you plan on getting an Ivybridge cpu (3rg Gen) and also
        Quote:
        To support Intel's 3rd Generation (Ivy Bridge) CPU, corresponding BIOS, drivers and AXTU update are required.
        * After you finish updating this BIOS, please reboot your system. Please only flash newer versions of BIOS in the future.

So after flashing to the latest if you were to have problems with it , it says only flash newer versions
        And also there is always a risk in flashing Bios and bricking is always possible, saying that I've never had any issues but you got to weigh up the risks
        hope this helps
        joe
        Last edited by Joe-912; 11-27-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X