Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2750DI no video/POST

Greetings,

I've seen a bunch of old threads with similar issues and tried many of the solutions presented with no luck. Rather than list everything I've tried I'd rather just start from scratch. Right now the server powers on, fans spin up, but there is no video on the VGA port and no POST. The IPMI interface works fine, but when doing console redirection I only ever see a black screen.

What should I check/try to troubleshoot this?

TIA

Re: C2750DI no video/POST

Here are some things I tried in no particular order:

The server has the following:

• 6 x HGST Deskstar 3.5-Inch 4TB 7200 RPM SATA III 6Gbps 64MB Cache Internal Hard Drive (0F14681) (HDS724040ALE640) (from the approved HDD list for this MB)

• Silverstone Tek Strider Series ATX12V/EPS12V 550W 80+ Gold PFC Power Supply with Full Modular Cables ST55F-G

• Fractal Design Node 304 Mini-ITX Hybrid Computer Case FD-CA-NODE-304-BL

• 32 GB (4x8GB) Crucial 8GB DDR3-1600 ECC UDIMM CT102472BD160B (from the approved ECC memory list for this MB)

The OS is FreeNAS (FreeBSD). The BIOS was upgraded back in May 2015 to version L2.82 provided by ASRock when I was playing with an NVME drive. I have not upgraded the BIOS since.

I can upload anything from the IPMI interface if that would help.

Comment

Re: C2750DI no video/POST

contacted asrock tech support and william diagnosed either a bad MB or PS based on the output from IPMI. swapped a known good PS in so it must be the MB. going to RMA it.

Comment

Working...
      X