Not able to adjust timings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to adjust timings!

I have just installed a new set of 4 x 8GB G Skill TridentX 2400 CL10 memory sticks.
    The sticks will only run at 2133mhz 10-10-12-31 no matter what XMP i choose or what numbers I manually enter in bios. And no, they will not run stable with those timings :( Guessing it must be a motherboard/bios problem?

System:
    Asrock Z77 Pro4 Bios version 1.80
    I5 2500K running@stock
    Last edited by Tharayman; 10-27-2016, 02:49 AM. Reason: Left out system specs

Re: Not able to adjust timings!

Now the damn thing has started powering up by itself. For what I do not know.
    I am not enjoying the magic here ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Tharayman View Post
      I have just installed a new set of 4 x 8GB G Skill TridentX 2400 CL10 memory sticks.
      The sticks will only run at 2133mhz 10-10-12-31 no matter what XMP i choose or what numbers I manually enter in bios. And no, they will not run stable with those timings :( Guessing it must be a motherboard/bios problem?

System:
      Asrock Z77 Pro4 Bios version 1.80
      I5 2500K running@stock
      Have you tried manually setting the Dram voltage to 1.65v that ram has been tested to 1.65v according to G-skill , I always set all the timings and volatges regardless of the xmp profile, you should be able to run it at 2400mhz but might take some messing

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-912 View Post
        Have you tried manually setting the Dram voltage to 1.65v that ram has been tested to 1.65v according to G-skill , I always set all the timings and volatges regardless of the xmp profile, you should be able to run it at 2400mhz but might take some messing
        Yess. I can adjust voltage. But it does not matter for speed or timings! Seems like the I5 2500K only supports memory speeds up to 2133mhz.
        I had to "hard-reset" cmos using the jumper. Stoneage tech, but it did work! I can now adjust everything :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tharayman View Post
          Yess. I can adjust voltage. But it does not matter for speed or timings! Seems like the I5 2500K only supports memory speeds up to 2133mhz.
          I had to "hard-reset" cmos using the jumper. Stoneage tech, but it did work! I can now adjust everything :)
          Yes your right 2133 is the max for the 2500K, So is it running ok at 2133?

Comment

Working...
          X