Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z170 Extreme 4 only starts after pulling power plug

Hello all

I've got a bit of a problem here: I build a new system a few months ago including a Core i7 6700k, Kingston HyperX DDR2666 RAM and a "different brand" Z170 Board.
    The old motherboards Bios was a disaster so I decided to return it and buy an ASrock board.

The board of choice is the Z170 Extreme 4 now, nothing else in the system changed. Everything seemed to work fine at first but as it turned out unfortunately the PC does not boot anymore after I shut the system down in Windows. The lights and fans come on, but nothing happens. I have to pull the power plug for about 10 seconds before it starts working again. This happens every single time, so it's nothing random, the debug LED then shows "00" (Make sure CPU is installed and reset CMOS). Interestingly enough, rebooting from within Windows works fine, the problem only occurs when I shut it down. Resetting the CMOS did not help, the Bios is updated to the latest version.

Seeing as my system did not have any stability related issues with my other components before, I assume this is caused by the new motherboard.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Murdock9; 08-16-2016, 04:54 AM.

Re: Asrock Z170 Extreme 4 only starts after pulling power plug

Originally posted by Murdock9 View Post
    Hello all

I've got a bit of a problem here: I build a new system a few months ago including a Core i7 6700k, Kingston HyperX DDR2666 RAM and a "different brand" Z170 Board.
    The old motherboards Bios was a disaster so I decided to return it and buy an ASrock board.

The board of choice is the Z170 Extreme 4 now, nothing else in the system changed. Everything seemed to work fine at first but as it turned out unfortunately the PC does not boot anymore after I shut the system down in Windows. The lights and fans come on, but nothing happens. I have to pull the power plug for about 10 seconds before it starts working again. This happens every single time, so it's nothing random, the debug LED then shows "00" (Make sure CPU is installed and reset CMOS). Interestingly enough, rebooting from within Windows works fine, the problem only occurs when I shut it down. Resetting the CMOS did not help, the Bios is updated to the latest version.

Seeing as my system did not have any stability related issues with my other components before, I assume this is caused by the new motherboard.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Dear Murdock9,

We provide few suggestion for verify:

(1)Please kindly help to update Z170 Extreme4 to our latest BIOS L3.41 from link as below and use our BIOS default setting for try:

(2)Refer user manual page22 remove power core and use jumper to do full clear CMOS steps for try:http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/...20Extreme4.pdf
    (3)Please kindly help to remove CPU and check whether CPU socket pin bent or not.
    (4)Test remove other device and use with basic device environment (CPU,only one memory stick, onboard VGA, power supply ) to check if it can boot up normally.
    (5)If it is possible, please change and test with another power supply for verify.

If the problem still remains, please kindly help to provide the information as below for us to check:
    (1)OS version
    (2) All the system configuration and the full memory module name for us to verify.

Thanks for your reply.

ASRock TSD
    Eddy

Comment

Working...
    X