asrock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4

:Since I'm not getting any satisfaction from Newegg or asrock with this multiple DOA board it appears I'm going to have to buy different board. For two decades I've had good luck with Gigabyte and Asus so right now I'm thinking about a GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 or 5 from Gigabyte, although the reviews on both are rather sketchy. The Gskill configurator does list my new RAM is compatible with both boards. Any thoughts from you Folks?
    Many thanks

:Alright guys and gals. I'm on my second asrock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 mobo and haven't so much as seen a POST screen yet. Bought it on June 6th, 2016 and after the install when I hit the power button I saw a red LED on the board and the cooling fans spun up for three seconds. Then the fans shut down and the light stayed lit. After three attempts I got nothing, not even the red LED. I did all of the required diagnostics (reseating the RAM, all aux cards removed, cleared the CMOS etc.) The power supply is a Thermaltake850 which passed testing with my Coolmax PS tester. The processor is an i7 6700k, cooler is a Noctua NH-u12s 120x120x25 and the RAM is from asrock's recommended list G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB F4-2800C15D-16GTZB. All of these goodies are brand new, purchased from Newegg. After having to RMA through asrock, spending nearly $40.00 to ship it to them and waiting almost 2 months for the replacement board I have another board that did the same thing, except it only tried to power up once before it died completely. What do y'all think I should do next? By the time I pay to ship it back again I could just about buy a different board.
    I'm frustrated right now and any constructive suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Jmoos54575
    Last edited by jmoos54575; 08-12-2016, 09:36 AM. Reason: Updated info

Re: Update: asrock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4

Originally posted by jmoos54575 View Post
    :Since I'm not getting any satisfaction from Newegg or asrock with this multiple DOA board it appears I'm going to have to buy different board. For two decades I've had good luck with Gigabyte and Asus so right now I'm thinking about a GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 or 5 from Gigabyte, although the reviews on both are rather sketchy. The Gskill configurator does list my new RAM is compatible with both boards. Any thoughts from you Folks?
    Many thanks

:Alright guys and gals. I'm on my second asrock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 mobo and haven't so much as seen a POST screen yet. Bought it on June 6th, 2016 and after the install when I hit the power button I saw a red LED on the board and the cooling fans spun up for three seconds. Then the fans shut down and the light stayed lit. After three attempts I got nothing, not even the red LED. I did all of the required diagnostics (reseating the RAM, all aux cards removed, cleared the CMOS etc.) The power supply is a Thermaltake850 which passed testing with my Coolmax PS tester. The processor is an i7 6700k, cooler is a Noctua NH-u12s 120x120x25 and the RAM is from asrock's recommended list G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB F4-2800C15D-16GTZB. All of these goodies are brand new, purchased from Newegg. After having to RMA through asrock, spending nearly $40.00 to ship it to them and waiting almost 2 months for the replacement board I have another board that did the same thing, except it only tried to power up once before it died completely. What do y'all think I should do next? By the time I pay to ship it back again I could just about buy a different board.
    I'm frustrated right now and any constructive suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Jmoos54575

Dear jmoos54575,

We provide few suggestion for verify:
    (1)Refer user manual remove power core and use jumper to clear CMOS for try.
    (2)Install only one memory on motherboard or test on the other memory slot to verify.
    Please trying to use another memory to boot up system for try.
    (3)Update to latest BIOS from our official website for verify:
    http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/...4(3.20)ROM.zip
    (4)Remove CPU and check whether CPU whether CPU socket pin bent or not.
    (5)Check whether the 24 pin power conector and 12v power connector has connected succesfully.
    (6)Test with basic device environment (CPU,only one memory stick, onboard VGA, power supply )to verify.
    (7)Due to this board is dual BIOS socket design, please kindly refer user manual page7 to use jumper to switch BIOS to B for verify.

If problem still remains, Due to warranty policy and RMA service are different by countries,it's handled by local distributor.
    For your case we suggest contact local distributor for further physical check.
    ASRock > Where to buy

ASRock TSD
    Eddy

Comment

Working...
    X