Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2750D4I not detecting TBS6824 DVB-T2 PCIe card

Hi,
    When I saw this board, I couldnt help thinking what an amazing NAS I could put together with it.
    When I saw the PCIe connector, I thought PVR!

I already have a TBS6824 DVB-T2 PCIe card (Quad tuner) that works reliably on a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 under windows 7 & 10. The card is also detected (at post) by an MSI G965 motherboard I have kicking around.

Sadly, the C2750D4I does not see the card when it is plugged in. I have tried windows/linux and freebsd, none of them see the card on the PCI bus. Ubuntu (r16.?) does throw up errors at boot sometimes, but the card is not identified when I 'ls' the pci bus.

I have tried anoter PCIe card (a generic 4port SATA card) and this is spotted by windows, I havent verified with Linux yet.
    After googling, others have had issues where PCIe2.0 busses do not correctly reduce the clock to accomodate slower PCIe1.0 devices.
    Does anyone out there:
    1) have a TBS6824 (or similar) working with this board
    2) any legacy PCIe1.0 cards working with this board

Thanks
    Karl

Re: C2750D4I not detecting TBS6824 DVB-T2 PCIe card

Correction, the DVB-T2 card is a 6284

Karl

Comment

Update:
      Had a reply from "ASROCK Rack Incoporation". They have replicated the issue and are looking into a solution.
      Fingers crossed that a fix is possible :)

Comment

Looks like they are washing their hands of the issue and blaiming it on the Avoton chipset.
        Have sent the relevant passage from the chipset data sheet stating 2.5GTS can be configured and to a link to another ASROCK bios which
        looks to have been updated to fix a similar issue.

So now, do I keep a brilliant MB that does ALMOST all I want or return it and get a different one....

Ho Hum....

Comment

Final post.
          ASROCK got back to me with more information. They have worked with a BIOS engineer to see if setting the PCI speed would help, sadly no.

I decided to risk purchasing another TV card, the recently released HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD. Almost half the price of the other quad tuners on the
          market.

It is detected by linux so I am happy, mega PVR here I come

Comment

Working...
          X