ASRock Z77 extreme 6 USB 3.0 Intel ports not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 extreme 6 USB 3.0 Intel ports not working

So yesterday i decided it was time to reformat my computer (it had been a few years since I installed windows last). I'm running windows 7 on these specs
    CPU - i7-2600K @ 4.4ghz
    GPU - EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores Classified
    MOBO - ASRock Z77 Extreme6
    STORAGE - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD + 8.5tb HDD
    RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 Timing:8-8-8-24 Cas Latency:8

I installed most of the drivers from this page and to be more specific i installed the following
    INF driver ver:9.3.0.1019
    Realtek high definition audio driver ver:6559
    Broadcom Lan driver ver:14.8.4.1
    Etron USB 3.0 driver ver:0.109_0220
    Intel USB 3.0 driver ver:1.0.4.220
    Intel Management Engine driver ver:8.1.2.1318
    VGA driver ver:15.28.6.64.2857

And now my USB 3.0 ports are not working (note the Etron USB 3.0 ports work fine just not the 2 rear intel ports, or the 2 front panel ports that supposedly run of the same chipset) At first I thought i just had to run windows updates for the remainder of the night since my install disc is very old. I have installed all the windows updates that windows update could find and still my 3.0 ports are not working.

I then assumed maybe i needed to install the intel drivers that i had not installed, but i didn't want to unnecessarily install drivers that i was not going to use. After doing some research and discovering what the Rapid start, Rapid connect, and Rapid storage drivers do I saw no reason/correlation between my issue and what these drivers are built for. (am i wrong and need to install these for the intel USB 3.0 ports to work properly?)

Then my next assumption was maybe the drivers i installed before doing my windows update didn't install correctly because of a missing windows update or something. So i reinstalled all the intel (and the Etron just for the heck of it) drivers to see if this would fix my issue; it did not.

My USB 3.0 ports where all working fine before i reformatted, and everything i'm reading online about this issue is people having issues with the Etron ports and not the intel ports; or their issue with the intel ports is due to a loose connection from the front panel to the mobo but their back ports still work, mine do not.

does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here, or how to help me get my ports back up and running. i have a strong feeling its a driver issue because all the hardware was working fine yesterday before the reformat; also for the record i checked the USB settings in the bios and everything is enabled so that shouldn't be the issue
    Last edited by commanderdonut; 07-12-2016, 02:00 PM. Reason: Line breaks needed to be added

Re: ASRock Z77 extreme 6 USB 3.0 Intel ports not working

Dear commanderdonut.
    We provide few suggestion for you to verify:
    (1)Please kindly based on your OS version to install the INF and Intel USB3.0 driver from support CD orour official website: ASRock > Z77 Extreme6
    (2)Please kindly refer user manual remove power core and use jumper to clear CMOS and use BIOS default setting for try: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/...20Extreme6.pdf
    (3) Re-connect the USB device.
    (4)Test with other USB devices for try.
    (5)Boot up the system and test under BIOS environment to verify
    (6)Test 1x Front USB 3.0 header, it's also from Intel USB3.0 port.
    (7)Check whether the windows device manager have any yellow label or error message.

If problem still remains, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks for your reply.
    ASRock TSD Eddy

Originally posted by commanderdonut View Post
    So yesterday i decided it was time to reformat my computer (it had been a few years since I installed windows last). I'm running windows 7 on these specs CPU - i7-2600K @ 4.4ghz GPU - EVGA GTX 560 Ti 448 Cores Classified MOBO - ASRock Z77 Extreme6 STORAGE - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB SSD + 8.5tb HDD RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 Timing:8-8-8-24 Cas Latency:8 I installed most of the drivers from this page and to be more specific i installed the following INF driver ver:9.3.0.1019 Realtek high definition audio driver ver:6559 Broadcom Lan driver ver:14.8.4.1 Etron USB 3.0 driver ver:0.109_0220 Intel USB 3.0 driver ver:1.0.4.220 Intel Management Engine driver ver:8.1.2.1318 VGA driver ver:15.28.6.64.2857 And now my USB 3.0 ports are not working (note the Etron USB 3.0 ports work fine just not the 2 rear intel ports, or the 2 front panel ports that supposedly run of the same chipset) At first I thought i just had to run windows updates for the remainder of the night since my install disc is very old. I have installed all the windows updates that windows update could find and still my 3.0 ports are not working. I then assumed maybe i needed to install the intel drivers that i had not installed, but i didn't want to unnecessarily install drivers that i was not going to use. After doing some research and discovering what the Rapid start, Rapid connect, and Rapid storage drivers do I saw no reason/correlation between my issue and what these drivers are built for. (am i wrong and need to install these for the intel USB 3.0 ports to work properly?) Then my next assumption was maybe the drivers i installed before doing my windows update didn't install correctly because of a missing windows update or something. So i reinstalled all the intel (and the Etron just for the heck of it) drivers to see if this would fix my issue; it did not. My USB 3.0 ports where all working fine before i reformatted, and everything i'm reading online about this issue is people having issues with the Etron ports and not the intel ports; or their issue with the intel ports is due to a loose connection from the front panel to the mobo but their back ports still work, mine do not. does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here, or how to help me get my ports back up and running. i have a strong feeling its a driver issue because all the hardware was working fine yesterday before the reformat; also for the record i checked the USB settings in the bios and everything is enabled so that shouldn't be the issue
    Last edited by ASRock TSD-Eddy; 08-10-2016, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X