Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2750D4I no post / video

Hi

Yet another one whose C2750D4I has stopped POSTing, I've added specs to my profile, which had been working for a good 9 months until one day where it just stopped POSTing.

When starting the computer, IPMI show no change in the video output.
    The fans start at a high RPM, but shortly after reduces speed to 400-500 RPM.
    I've tried using the RAM from my main computer; a pair of Kingston 16GB non-ECC (9905403-559.A00LF), and a Silverstone SX500-LG PSU, but neither made any difference.
    I've also tried disconnecting all components but the motherboard itself, still no change.
    I've also tried clearing CMOS, also no change here.

Any suggestions are welcome
    Last edited by dotted; 07-06-2016, 03:01 PM. Reason: Formatting

Re: C2750D4I no post / video

I have the same problem. It happened about the same time as yours. I exchange memory modules just to make sure it is not the memory, hooked the board directly to a monitor, and did a CMOS reset with plug off, battery off, and >30 secs press on the power button. The result is the same.

I suspect corrupt BIOS EEPROM. I already sent an email to Bill about this. Let's see how this goes...

Comment

I went ahead and ordered a new BIOS chip, it did nothing to change anything

Comment

Originally posted by dotted View Post
        I went ahead and ordered a new BIOS chip, it did nothing to change anything
        Do you have IPMI? It turns out mine do not register the +12V. I replaced the PSU and the problem is still there. Bill asked me to RMA the board back if nothing helped after PSU switch. Well, it is now with ASRock and it will take 5-7 days for them to have it fixed.

Comment

Yeah I got IPMI, I don't recall seeing anything for the +12V under server health when i turn on the board

Comment

Originally posted by dotted View Post
            Yeah I got IPMI, I don't recall seeing anything for the +12V under server health when i turn on the board
            You should be seeing like this under Server Health while motherboard is turned on:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-07-29 00_08_49-Start.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	755118

I RMA'd my board and got a new replacement. Everything is working now.

Comment

Working...
            X