New server build on ASRock EP2C602-4LD16 - won't post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New server build on ASRock EP2C602-4LD16 - won't post

I've written this in a few places so I'll copy and paste the info about what I've tried:

Finished building today and getting Dr Debug error 79 and 02 (primarily) on my motherboard. I was able to get to BIOS screen once and to a screen saying ' press F2 to set CMOS date and F1 to continue' but both times the BMC LED was already flashing and an E4 error would come up so my USB keyboard nor PS2 keyboard would register keypresses.

CPU: 2x Xeon E5-2670 2.6GHz

Mobo: Asrock EP2C602-4L/D16 (Bios P1.70)

RAM: 4x 4GB 1600 1.35v Kingston valueram (have also tried 4gb patriot 1066 1.5v RAM)

I've tried using just 1 CPU and 1 stick of RAM in various slots but to no avail. I just want this thing to boot to a point where I can do something so I can install an OS etc. I've disconnected everything including HDD and ODD so I literally have PSU connected to motherboard with 24 pin and then 12v to CPU, CPU with heatsink and HSF connected to CPU_fan1, 1 stick of RAM and a VGA cable running to a monitor.
    When I power it on it goes through multiple error codes on Dr Debug as it boots and then when it gets to 79 or goes back to 02 I notice the LED next to the BMC would start flashing and won't stop. During this process, sometimes my monitor will begin to show a screen but then will say 'VGA not detected' and then turn off, or it will show one of the two screens I mentioned above.

At this point I'm wondering if the motherboard isn't just DOA? Is it normal for the BMC LED to start blinking? I've read that that indicates activity. But it seems to only start blinking when the Dr Debug LED stops on a specific error code (usually 79 or 02, though it has also stopped on 9C or B4 if I get to the BIOS/other screen/monitor shows anything)

Re: New server build on ASRock EP2C602-4LD16 - won't post

Have uploaded a video of my boot issues:

Comment

Working...
    X