No announcement yet.

Brand new ASRock Extreme 7+ would post and now does not. Help! 0d error code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new ASRock Extreme 7+ would post and now does not. Help! 0d error code

Hey guys, I just joined the forums as I need some help! (I searched and did not see anything for what happened with my build)

I assembled my brand new build the other night and everything went along fine.

Installed the MB into the case and verified CPU and RAM operation by booting into BIOS via on board graphics. Everything checked out and continue build and installed the GPU.

Powered up and verified that build was a success with all components installed and everything being read by the BIOS.

Then I moved the tower to its final place under my desk and connected the new keyboard, mouse and monitor (Used old ones lying around to make sure everything worked). Powered up again and was able to get to the load OS screen in DOS.

This is where things failed me. I powered off the desktop and installed the Windows 10 USB drive to the ASRock 3.5" drive 3.1 USB slot and powered up. Nothing, system would not post.

Opened up the side panel and the first error code was 55. Cleared CMOS and tried booting again without the USB installed and same result. Searched the interwebs for this alert and tonight performed the following:

Removed the cooler and the CPU and inspected for damage pins on the MB. None found. Removed the RAM and checked for any issues. None found. I then moved the two RAM sticks to the other DIM slots and booted to see if there was any change. Got code 19. Removed the one stick and now receive code "0d".

Every variation of memory location and combination I now get "od" error code with no post. I removed the GPU and used on board video. Removed the keyboard and mouse. All the same 0d result.

My guess would be RMA of the MB? The RAM is on the compatibility list and everything worked fine when the build was complete. All in all this stinks as this was my first complete build from top to bottom...

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for the help!

Here is what I built:
    Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ LGA 1151 Intel Z170
    Motherboard BIOS version: Stock (never updated)
    Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K 6M Skylake Quad-core 3.5 GHz LGA 1151 Intel Z170
    Memory: G. SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 X 16GB) 288 Pin DDR4 SDRAM F4-3000C15D-32GTZ
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Kingpin
    SSD #1: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB
    SSD #2: Crucial MX200 1TB SATA SSD
    Case: Fractal Design Define R5
    Cooler: Corsair H80i V2
    Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus
    Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70
    Power Supply: SeaSonic Platinum SS-860XP2 860W
    Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp 34” U3415W

Re: Brand new ASRock Extreme 7+ would post and now does not. Help! 0d error code

Update:

Removed the MB and only had CPU and 1 stick of RAM installed. Powers up and still direct "0d". I moved the 1 stick to each DIMM slot with same results.

At this point I think it is either BIOS level, which is currently 1.7 or it may be a bad MB or CPU? I inspected the CPU and socket again and everything looks fine.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

Comment

Re: Brand new ASRock Extreme 7+ would post and now does not. Help! 0d error code

Here have you tried switching to backup bios, I see theres a switch on motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-912 View Post
        Here have you tried switching to backup bios, I see theres a switch on motherboard?

Yes, it does have dual BIOS options, I get the same error code in A and B Bios which is now "0d".

Comment

Replaced the ASRock MB with MSI MB. Still had the same issue. RMA the CPU and fixed the issue for the "0d" debug code and no boot. Hope this info will help someone in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by marttimat View Post
            Replaced the ASRock MB with MSI MB. Still had the same issue. RMA the CPU and fixed the issue for the "0d" debug code and no boot. Hope this info will help someone in the future.
            Wow that does suprise me it was the cpu if it worked in the first place, I use an Asus board myself now but I have had a few Asrock Boards and always been rock solid!
            Thanks for reporting back

Comment

Just created an account after finding this thread. I am experiencing the exact same symptoms.

Brand new build:

AsRock Extreme 7
              i7 6700K
              Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 2800mhz
              Bequiet Dark rock TF cooler
              GTX970
              Corsair RM650x PSU

Built the rig monday night, booted right up without issue. Ran some tests with OCCT without issue. Shut the PC down for the night.

Got home yesterday and unplugged all peripherals to move the PC up to its normal location on my desk. Plugged everything back in, and started receiving an error code 33:

Problem related to memory. Please re-install the CPU and memory then clear CMOS. If the problem still exists, please install only one memory module or try using other memory modules.

Pulled one stick of RAM, cleared CMOS and now am getting code 0d:

Problem related to memory, VGA card or other devices. Please clear CMOS, re-install the memory and VGA card, and remove other USB, PCI devices.

I have stripped the machine down as far as only leaving the CPU, cooler, 24 pin and 8 pin power, and am still receiving the 0d error code.

I plan to remove the cooler and cpu tonight to check for any signs of damage but this thread describes my issue almost down to a T, including the fact that the rig was moved (albeit 2ft) to my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by illestrolla View Post
                Just created an account after finding this thread. I am experiencing the exact same symptoms.

Brand new build:

AsRock Extreme 7
                i7 6700K
                Corsair Vengeance 2x8gb 2800mhz
                Bequiet Dark rock TF cooler
                GTX970
                Corsair RM650x PSU

Built the rig monday night, booted right up without issue. Ran some tests with OCCT without issue. Shut the PC down for the night.

Got home yesterday and unplugged all peripherals to move the PC up to its normal location on my desk. Plugged everything back in, and started receiving an error code 33:

Problem related to memory. Please re-install the CPU and memory then clear CMOS. If the problem still exists, please install only one memory module or try using other memory modules.

Pulled one stick of RAM, cleared CMOS and now am getting code 0d:

Problem related to memory, VGA card or other devices. Please clear CMOS, re-install the memory and VGA card, and remove other USB, PCI devices.

I have stripped the machine down as far as only leaving the CPU, cooler, 24 pin and 8 pin power, and am still receiving the 0d error code.

I plan to remove the cooler and cpu tonight to check for any signs of damage but this thread describes my issue almost down to a T, including the fact that the rig was moved (albeit 2ft) to my desk.
                So for me it turned out to be a bad CPU which I know is rare. I performed an RMA on my board and got the same result. Nothing was wrong with my RAM however. I would say check the pins to be sure as well as make sure the cooler is installed properly with thermal compound. If all checks out I would look into RMA the CPU.

Hope this helps!

Comment

So for me it turned out to be a bad CPU which I know is rare. I performed an RMA on my board and got the same result. Nothing was wrong with my RAM however. I would say check the pins to be sure as well as make sure the cooler is installed properly with thermal compound. If all checks out I would look into RMA the CPU.

Hope this helps!
                  Will do man, this has my head spinning. It's eating me up sitting here at work thinking about it and not being home to troubleshoot.

The ONLY things that changed between my coffee table where this was setup originally and the desk was the addition of 2 more USB peripherals, both of which have been tested working with another machine.

Comment

Originally posted by illestrolla View Post
                    Will do man, this has my head spinning. It's eating me up sitting here at work thinking about it and not being home to troubleshoot.

The ONLY things that changed between my coffee table where this was setup originally and the desk was the addition of 2 more USB peripherals, both of which have been tested working with another machine.

Yeah. Funny you should mention that because mine failed when I installed the Windows 10 USB stick on the front of the case. Then boom. mem error codes and then finally the dreaded "0d".

Comment

Yeah. Funny you should mention that because mine failed when I installed the Windows 10 USB stick on the front of the case. Then boom. mem error codes and then finally the dreaded "0d".
                      Right? Our issues are so incredibly alike it's scary.

I will report back after I take the cooler and CPU out tonight. I have a hard time believing any of the pins could be bent, the chip dropped right in without issue, it fit absolutely perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                      X