I need help- Fatal1ty Z97 Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help- Fatal1ty Z97 Killer

It would seem that the only time the USB KB/Mouse are active before POST is when the BIOS have been reset... Once the BIOS have be setup and saved, the USB KB will never be active to revisit the setup program... Pressing F2 or Delete does nothing and OS loads, then the KB/Mouse are fine...

I need to get into setup, but without a KB it's impossible... resetting BIOS seems like a lame duck... I've updated BIOS to 2.10 and I does the same thing...

I am using a KVM 4 port Linkskey and have talked with them about it, they said it's a USB 2.0 no brainer, so I moved the link from a 3.0 to a 2.0 port, same thing...

I've reset the BIOS so many times trying any USB setting change to no avail. I have even tried a second KB bypassing the KVM altogether, still no KB prior to POST.

On a secondary problem, when I put the computer to sleep, the KVM is never active again, I must unplug power and all USB ports to get it working again.

Any suggestions?

Re: I need help- Fatal1ty Z97 Killer

Dear AsRockGuy,
    I am ASRock TSD Danny.

For your case, we provide few ways for you to try.
    1.Please load BIOS default for try.
    2.Please remove the KVM for verify.
    3.Please update KVM firmware for try.
    4.If possible, please connect KVM to other system for verify.

Have a great day !
    ASRock TSD Danny

Comment

Re: I need help- Fatal1ty Z97 Killer

Originally posted by ASROCK-TSD-Danny View Post
      Dear AsRockGuy,
      I am ASRock TSD Danny.

For your case, we provide few ways for you to try.
      1.Please load BIOS default for try.
      2.Please remove the KVM for verify.
      3.Please update KVM firmware for try.
      4.If possible, please connect KVM to other system for verify.

Have a great day !
      ASRock TSD Danny
      Hello Danny, thanks for responding, Yes, I've tried all your suggestion's before and have since found a solution. Under BIOS setup>USB I tried setting the patch for USB to enabled, now the kb is active during POST and all USB are active after sleep or hibernation when resumed...

Comment

Working...
      X