Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn PC off, turns back on instantly, ASROCK 970 Extreme3 2.0

Hi everyone,

Built my new PC over the weekend (specs below) and it has an odd problem..

Shut down in Windows 10 actually shuts everything down, power turns off and then within 2 seconds it turns it self back on again.

Held power button down, turns off, then turns right back on again in the same amount of time..

Turned off WOL, turned off Fast Boot still nothing.. Maybe it's possessed?

Have disconnected the Power SW, HDD LED etc from the motherboard, turned the PC off in windows and still the same thing.

Specs: Asrock 970 Extreme3 2.0, AMD 8350, GeForce GTX 8800 , 2 x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB RAM, Corsair VS550, NZXT S340 Case

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Turn PC off, turns back on instantly, ASROCK 970 Extreme3 2.0

Dear dask11,
    I am ASRock TSD Danny.

According to your info and verification, we recommend you follow the procedure for try.
    1.Please kindly double-check the BIOS setting is disable below all options.
    a.PS/2 Keyboard Power On
    b.PCI Devices Power On
    c.USB Keyboard/Remote Power On
    d.USB Mouse Power On
    Path: BIOS -> Advance -> ACPI Configuration

2.Please follow the below step set keyboard and mouse wake up function to disable in OS for try.
    (In OS)
    Path: Device Manager -> HID Keyboard Device/HID compliant mouse -> Power Managent -> uncheck"Allow this device to wake the computer"

3.Please unplug LAN cable for try.
    4.Please only install necessary device(CPU,one stick memory, one HDD) for verify.

Have a great day !
    ASRock TSD Danny

Comment

Hi Danny,

I've tried the steps you have mentioned below but still the same issue, when I shut down the PC instead of restarting it after installing windows updates the PC turns off normally.

But any other time it constantly reboots.

Tom

Originally posted by ASROCK-TSD-Danny View Post
      Dear dask11,
      I am ASRock TSD Danny.

According to your info and verification, we recommend you follow the procedure for try.
      1.Please kindly double-check the BIOS setting is disable below all options.
      a.PS/2 Keyboard Power On
      b.PCI Devices Power On
      c.USB Keyboard/Remote Power On
      d.USB Mouse Power On
      Path: BIOS -> Advance -> ACPI Configuration

2.Please follow the below step set keyboard and mouse wake up function to disable in OS for try.
      (In OS)
      Path: Device Manager -> HID Keyboard Device/HID compliant mouse -> Power Managent -> uncheck"Allow this device to wake the computer"

3.Please unplug LAN cable for try.
      4.Please only install necessary device(CPU,one stick memory, one HDD) for verify.

Have a great day !
      ASRock TSD Danny

Comment

Dear dask11,
        I am ASRock TSD Danny.

Please following the below step to set the shut down behavior from "S4" to "S5" for try.
        (In OS)
        Path: Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options > Click Choose what the power buttons do > Click Change settings that are currently unavailable> clear "Turn on fast startup"

By the way, we’d like to double-check current status.
        1.Does the system only shut down normally when windows update finish?
        2.We’ll like to make sure if the system still can’t shut down normally at next boot.

Have a great day !
        ASRock TSD Danny

Comment

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thank you!

After turning that setting off the PC now shuts down, don't care why it doesn't work as it is a default setting of Windows as long as it turns off!

Originally posted by ASROCK-TSD-Danny View Post
          Dear dask11,
          I am ASRock TSD Danny.

Please following the below step to set the shut down behavior from "S4" to "S5" for try.
          (In OS)
          Path: Control Panel > System and Security > Power Options > Click Choose what the power buttons do > Click Change settings that are currently unavailable> clear "Turn on fast startup"

By the way, we’d like to double-check current status.
          1.Does the system only shut down normally when windows update finish?
          2.We’ll like to make sure if the system still can’t shut down normally at next boot.

Have a great day !
          ASRock TSD Danny

Comment

HI DSD Danny,

My Z97-Exreme has the similar issues -will restart minutes after I shut it down and will not auto sleep. Have tried these fixes what else.

PS Different PC to the will not sleep thread.

Comment

Working...
            X