ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot

Hi, I had my computer built for me in 2012, it's been booting up very fast all this time. However, I have a serious problem now. The specifications are below.

A week ago, I turned the power switch on, and the CPU fans started up, but there was nothing on the screen.
    So, I took the cover off, got rid of some dust and pushed in all cables to make sure they were still secure.

Before placing the cover back on, I turned computer on, and the ASRock logo came on, with the following message:

"Reboot and Select proper boot device
    or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

I was able to get into the UEFI menu, but not sure what to look for - everything seems to be okay there. The proper boot device is selected - there is only one boot device, which is the Solid State Drive.

I guess I should try and boot off a USB device (I don't have a DVD or CD drive), but wanted to get your opinion/recommendations first please.

I think there may still be something wrong with the hardware, because I put the cover back on, switched the power button on, and there is nothing on the screen again. So, I switch everything off, push things in again, and then it comes back on to the "Reboot .... " message (displayed above).

Here are the specs of the machine, sorry if I've missed anything.

Operating system Windows 8.1 64 bit

Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M
    UEFI version Z77 Extreme4-M P1.30
    Processor type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHZ
    Processor speed 3400MHz
    Microcode Update: 306A9/12
    Cache size: 6144KB
    Total Memory: 8192MB with 256MB shared memory and 2MB GTT memory Dual-Channel Memory Mode
    DDR3_A1: 4096MB (DDR3-1600)
    DDR3_B1: 4096MB (DDR3-1600)

Solid State Drive used for operating system:
    SAMSUNG SSD 830 series Have SATA Mode selection as AHCI
    size 60GB
    Ultra DMA 6
    S.M.A.R.T. supported

Thanks so much for any advice, I really miss this machine!
    Last edited by Julieanne van Zyl; 02-16-2016, 08:53 PM. Reason: Wanted to make post clearer, hoping for a response

Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot

Dear Julieanne van Zyl,
    I am ASRock TSD Danny.

We provide few ways for you to try.
    1. Please load BIOS default for try.
    2. Please boot the system then press “F11” get into boot menu and select SSD to boot for try.
    3. If system still couldn’t boot into OS after trying method 2, please re-install OS on the HDD for verifying.
    4. Please change another HDD with clean OS for verify.

Have a great day !
    ASRock TSD Danny

Comment

Working...
    X