• Show
Clear All

Re: Z170 Extreme4 poor performance of RAM with BIOS 1.80 & 2.10

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
    Dear juasen &strimer

Thanks for your inquiry and question.

Please kindly update the BIOS L2.21B from below link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...ew?usp=sharing

If have further technical question we suggest to send the mail to below again :ASRock > Support Request Form
    Thank you very much!!

Best wishes
    ASRock TSD
    Eddy
    Fixes issue with memory but breaks 'A/C Power Loss Restore'. When set to disabled it powers on and then after POST powers off.

Comment

Not good at all with the BIOS v2.4, it follows the same low performance of RAM.

Comment

I have an email from ASRock Support confirming that the required modification will NOT be implemented in any future production BIOS update and suggested sticking with L2.21b

Comment

Originally posted by sky2condor View Post
          I have an email from ASRock Support confirming that the required modification will NOT be implemented in any future production BIOS update and suggested sticking with L2.21b
          Too bad, I do not trust this brand, I have to choose Asus, Gigabyte or MSI.

Comment

Hi,
            I've the same exact problem with Z170 PRO4 on BIOS 2.8 3.0 3.10 but i'm not try to go back on 2.50 yet. I'll go for it today.

I think we've a problem with HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR4-2666

Comment

Originally posted by greddy View Post
              Hi,
              I've the same exact problem with Z170 PRO4 on BIOS 2.8 3.0 3.10 but i'm not try to go back on 2.50 yet. I'll go for it today.

I think we've a problem with HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR4-2666
              2.20 2.50 2.80 still have the same problem. I went back down to 2.00 It's worked but i have to put RAM in A1 and B1 slot /// A2 B2 not boot

Please Fix it.

Comment

Hello! I also have this same problem, with the Asrock Z170M Pro4S. I am using their most updated UEFI/BIOS firmware.

Not only is this still a problem, but the UEFI also still freezes up randomly (while accessing the advanced settings).

My problem is documented here: Underperforming RAM with XMP profile

I am not able to get any help from Asrock's support email address. They told me to "request an RMA" for a board that I bought a year ago. They're being worse than unhelpful.

They continue to advertise their Z170 motherboards (including mine specifically) as compatible with this RAM module, so I will be reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising if they do not fix this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AMDphreak View Post
                  ............. so I will be reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission for false advertising if they do not fix this problem.
                  That attitude will get you nowhere.

1. In the OC'ers thread you state you have and are using 2 sticks. Of the exact same memory?
                  #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                  ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                    That attitude will get you nowhere.

1. In the OC'ers thread you state you have and are using 2 sticks. Of the exact same memory?
                    Yes in the OC'ers thread I have tried the BIOSes with both 1 stick and 2 sticks, and with 1 stick in both the 1st slot and the 4th slot. 2 sticks in 1st and 2nd slot. The memory modules are the same. The performance problem occurs with both one and two modules installed.

That's not an attitude. That's a threat. Remember their kind of attitude will get them reported to the FTC.

Comment

Originally posted by AMDphreak View Post
                      Yes in the OC'ers thread I have tried the BIOSes with both 1 stick and 2 sticks, and with 1 stick in both the 1st slot and the 4th slot. 2 sticks in 1st and 2nd slot. The memory modules are the same. The performance problem occurs with both one and two modules installed.

That's not an attitude. That's a threat. Remember their kind of attitude will get them reported to the FTC.
                      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                        Are you done being a stubborn child? Last I checked, my argument is HEAVILY supported by facts. Their website reports this RAM module as compatible, listed BY MODEL NUMBER. However, it does not function as reported. If you want to get into a legal argument over what constitutes "functioning" I assure you I will win. I need only point out the performance gap between this motherboard and RAM combination and every other Z170 motherboard from other reputable manufacturers with this RAM installed to pique the interest of a judge. From there it will be a simple matter of confirming by process of elimination, and interviewing an expert in RAM design, that no other theory explains the gap in performance.

If you buy a NOS modification to a Ferrari and the NOS modification actually SLOWS your Ferrari down by no fault of your own, while following instructions to the letter, then that constitutes false advertising, because the NOS is clearly not formulated properly to work with whatever the rest of your machine is, while saying on its label that it is.

No, my attitude, or whatever you call it, is not uncalled for. This company should be thanking me for doing the necessary research to provide them with information that shows this problem is not isolated to a single Z170 model from their brand. They should be sending me a check for doing their work for them. They did not properly test their hardware for compatibility. That is not my job. That is theirs.

Comment

Working...
                        X