MB doesn't see M.2 PCI-E SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB doesn't see M.2 PCI-E SSD

Hi. Last time I upgraded my PC to new procesor (i5-4690k) + Z97X Fatal1ty Killer MB and Plextor m6e 128GB M.2 PCI-E SSD.
    I received a motherboard with the latest bios (UEFI 2.0) because It was not new Motherboard.
    I have fully formated my hard drive disc. Now I want to install windows 8 in m.2 disc but it has not been seen.
    I have only one option -> Install in HDD. Ok so I have installed the system in hdd, upgraded windows 8.1 and installed the whole MOBO (including bios uefi 2.0) / GPU drivers but I can't see my ssd disc anywhere (bios / my computer). Should I set anything in bios? I see that in ASUS UEFI is option to set PCIE x2 for M2 socket, but in ASRock I can't see that option. So what sould I set and where / how to do that?
    What can I do to install system in SSD (partition C) and save HDD for files (partition D). Please help me :)
    Last edited by Taneroth; 04-19-2015, 03:47 AM.

Re: MB doesn't see M.2 PCI-E SSD

The Plextor M6e you have is just the M.2 SSD, or is it mounted on the PCIe slot adapter, and used in one of the PCIe slots?

If you are using the PCIe slot adapter card, what PCIe slot are you using?

If you are using the M6e in the M.2 slot on the board, that slot is shared with the SATA3_4 and SATA3_5 ports. If your HDD is connected to either of those ports, the M.2 slot will not work.

Comment

Working...
    X