ASRock Extreme 6/ac Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Extreme 6/ac Motherboard

I just finished my build and I'm trying to install my OS through a USB DVD drive, but it's not recognizing the DVD drive as a boot device. How can I get this USB DVD drive to show up as a boot device so I can install my OS?

Re: ASRock Extreme 6/ac Motherboard

There are three different ASRock Extreme6/ac board models, so we don't know which board you have.

You have a DVD drive with only a USB interface? Try using a USB 2.0 port on the board's IO panel. A new board that has never been used usually won't have the USB 3.0 ports working at first. You may be able to find a BIOS option in the USB screen that will allow a USB 3.0 port to be used.

But you may find that a DVD drive with a USB interface may simply not work for installing Windows. Windows expects a bootable USB device to be formatted as FAT32, and I have no idea how your particular USB/DVD drive functions.

You may need to create a bootable USB Windows installation flash drive from your DVD. Microsoft has a free tool to do this, which you can find a link to and information about it below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...-download-tool

Comment

Re: ASRock Extreme 6/ac Motherboard

Thanks. I created a bootable flash drive and that worked. But, even after installing my OS , my USB DVD drive is still not being recognized. I think it was a return, so I'm going to send it back and get it replaced.

Comment

Working...
      X