No announcement yet.

Newly built Fractal Design Node 304 with ASRock Z97M-ITX and Intel Corei7 4790k together with Samsung SSD 850 Pro will not start!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly built Fractal Design Node 304 with ASRock Z97M-ITX and Intel Corei7 4790k together with Samsung SSD 850 Pro will not start!?

I have unpacked and assembled all components in my new Fractal Design Node but when I press the powerbutton the fans respond for just a fraction of a second and then stop. What did I miss?
    Attached Files

Re: Newly built Fractal Design Node 304 with ASRock Z97M-ITX and Intel Corei7 4790k together with Samsung SSD 850 Pro will not start!?

I can't see any inserted memory sticks on the motherboard. It won't start without it.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Re: Newly built Fractal Design Node 304 with ASRock Z97M-ITX and Intel Corei7 4790k together with Samsung SSD 850 Pro will not start!?

That is right, no memory in the board, it cannot POST or do anything.

Also be sure to connect the four or eight pin CPU power cable from the PSU to the board, it won't start without it.

Comment

I took several pictures of the system being built and there are two memory-modules Corsair Vengeance 8GB DIMM DDR3-1600 CL plugged in and I hope to attach another picture (and another...) Still no start of the system at all. I noticed that there is a 4-pins power- connection(ATX) on the motherboard but I do not have a lead from the Power Supply Unit to connect to it .
        What am I overlooking?
        Attached Files

Comment

You should have an 8 pin connector that splits in half connect to the 4 pin ATX plug on motherboard, should be good to go

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Raves View Post
            I took several pictures of the system being built and there are two memory-modules Corsair Vengeance 8GB DIMM DDR3-1600 CL plugged in and I hope to attach another picture (and another...) Still no start of the system at all. I noticed that there is a 4-pins power- connection(ATX) on the motherboard but I do not have a lead from the Power Supply Unit to connect to it .
            What am I overlooking?
            You must connect a power cable to the four pin EPS power plug on the board, or it will not start. As said above, your RM550 PSU has a four/eight pin connector that will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
              You must connect a power cable to the four pin EPS power plug on the board, or it will not start. As said above, your RM550 PSU has a four/eight pin connector that will work fine.
              YES! I found an 8 pin connector that could indeed be split into "2 fours" connected it and everything starts to work!!!
              Thanks ever so much!!

Comment

Working...
              X