ASRock Z97 Extrem6 unable to install Realtek Lan driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z97 Extrem6 unable to install Realtek Lan driver

I can't install second LAN driver. The realtek LANport device can't be detected by the device manager and the install procedure can't install because it can't find the appropriate device.

bios is the latest = 1.7 -
    the 2 LAN is enabled and 'DeepSleep' is disabled!

1st LAN (Intel) disabled, enabled several times to wake up second LAN - NO changes in device manager
    2nd LAN (RealTek) connected to LAN-cable - - NO changes in device manager

it seems to me as the bios setting is still set to disabled, even it shows enabled

Did anybody installed it successfully?
    Any suggestion would be nice!

Re: ASRock Z97 Extrem6 unable to install Realtek Lan driver

You may have a problem with that board, specifically the Realtek network chip or something related to it is broken.

Think about it for a second, this board has been available for almost a year now. In all that time is it possible that no one was able to install the Realtek LAN driver, without reporting that in this forum, and if it was a problem, that it would not be fixed by now?

I have this board, and yes I have installed the Realtek LAN driver several times, it works fine. It's possible to team the Intel and Realtek network chips together, each using their own driver. I even use it with Windows 10 TP, it installs and works fine. Yes I use BIOS version 1.70 (and have used every BIOS version), and the Realtek network chip is enabled by default.

Click image for larger version

Name:	z97 ex6 realtek net driver.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	754927

Every time I have installed Windows, a network driver that Windows has is installed automatically, so the Realtek network port works before I even install the Realtek driver. That is why I suspect there is a problem with your board.

You did not mention what version of Windows you are using, and the version of the Realtek driver you are using.

But if you don't even see the Realtek network chip in Device Manager, something is very wrong. It should appear even if a cable is not connected to it's RJ45 jack. The Intel network chip is the top network port, the Realtek is the one below it.

Comment

Re: ASRock Z97 Extrem6 unable to install Realtek Lan driver

Hi!Thanks Parsec!
      I agree with you that this seems to be a malfunction of the board, if you have successfully installed it.

Sincerely
      melgoth

Comment

Working...
      X