No announcement yet.

Z97 Extreme 6 unable to recognize XP941 initially every time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z97 Extreme 6 unable to recognize XP941 initially every time!

hi everyone, i just got my new build as follows, but there's a weird problem really bothers me so much, which is the xp941 cannot be detected on the ultra M.2 port when i turn on the pc every morning, i have to power on and off a few times to get it into windows,it surely runs normal all day long once detected, but 2nd morning there it goes again, and i didn't regard this as a hardware issue until i tried updating bios from 1.7,1.71 to the latest 2.01 and exclusive method to rule out other hardwares, still the same syndrome, but everything did work fine with the slower one (m2_2 port), i noticed there are 2 members here (Fritzman,EyeBall) who had the same experience as i did, but no updating anymore, if it really has sth. to do with the motherboard interface then i'll consider sending it to asrock for repair, cause it's already been a month after all kinds of test and search, so i don't know if it can be replaced directly, i wanna be sure of this in order to decide my next move, i also found a "pcie_pwr1" interface, do i need it plugged in? i'm really so frustrated here, can anyone help me please? every suggestion would be appreciated! thanks! MB: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 CPU: i7 4790k Memory: Kingston Savage 2400 8G Graphics: Galaxy GTX780 HOFDISK: XP941 (MZHPU256HCGL-000)
    Last edited by freakingawesome; 04-19-2015, 02:59 AM. Reason: Problem solved

Re: Z97 Extreme 6 unable to recognize XP941 initially every time!

Hi mate.
    Yep, as per PM... the seller replaced the board under RMA and I haven't had the problem at all with the replacement board.
    I'd suggest you request an RMA.
    Bruce aka fritzman.
    Office Rig : Asrock Extreme 6, 4790k, H100, 4 x 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaw 2133's, EVGA GTX580 SC, Samsung XP941 512Gb M.2, Win8.1 Pro 64-bit, NZXT case with an Antec TPQ1000 psu
    WHS : Norco 20-bay case, HX1000, Intel G620/Z68 UD4, 16Gb 1600 ram, Velo 600Gb running Win8.1 Pro, 2 x LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i with 8 x 3Tb Hitachis in Raid6 and a bunch or random drives.

Comment

hi guys, it just occurred to me that i'd better make this post complete due to the different situation from fritzman, well i did purchase another motherboard a few days back since i don't wanna waste a long period of time for RMA, yeah their service sucks in my place (both attitude and efficiency), but i still made devotion to asrock once again 'cause i like this one a lot, but the weirder thing is the xp941 cannot be recognzied at all this time no matter how many times i reboot, i confused but 2 problem boards in a row, i don't think so, it seemed like there's one factor left to focus on, so i talked to the ssd seller, of course he blamed it to the motherboard, for ur information, there's no any label on his xp941 and the model suffix is just 000, all differs from anyone else, and the performance test result is not pleasant either actually, sth. defective or factory sample suspected, anyway, i caved at the moment and paid him 15% for refund at last, then i bought SM951 as planned, finally problem disappeared for good, oh yeah, but the same syndrome still exists on the old motherboard, i don't wanna dig any deeper for the exact reason, it's pointless, besides, it doesn't matter, cause it's not an issue any more since i sold both of them already (mb & xp941), here's what it looks like now, cheers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	754940

Comment

According to Samsung, the maximum read/write speed is 2150MB/s and 1200MB/s, finally paid off!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	754941

Comment

Working...
        X