Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with GTX760 on Asrock P67 Pro3

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me investigating on this problem.
    I just bought a (Zotac) GTX 760 and my computer does not boot anymore.
    Switching back to my old GTX560ti is working.
    The Mainboard is a Asrock P67 Pro 3 with a Sandybridge I5 2500K.
    The monitor is definately getting a signal as the Biosversion is shown and there the boot process get stuck.
    The 7-segment display also shows 'B2'. My Mainboard is on the latest available Bios/UEFI Version (P3.30).
    For the graphic card there is no Bios update available on the Zotac's website.

I know this is a PCI-E 3.0 card and the mainboard has only 2.0, but as I can see on Zotac's website, also 1.1 is supported.

Thank you very much in advance!

BR
    Henrik

Re: Issues with GTX760 on Asrock P67 Pro3

If you haven't done this yet, when you put the 760 in the PC, clear the CMOS/BIOS and then try to boot.

What you really should do is put the 560ti in the PC, or use the Intel integrated graphics with no video card in the PC, and the uninstall the Nvidia video driver. When that is done, reboot the PC once completely, and then shut it down. Then install the 760, clear the CMOS/BIOS, connect the video cable to the 760, and start the PC. Go into the BIOS and set the primary video source to the video card (PCIe), boot into Windows, and install the Nvidia video driver.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      If you haven't done this yet, when you put the 760 in the PC, clear the CMOS/BIOS and then try to boot.

What you really should do is put the 560ti in the PC, or use the Intel integrated graphics with no video card in the PC, and the uninstall the Nvidia video driver. When that is done, reboot the PC once completely, and then shut it down. Then install the 760, clear the CMOS/BIOS, connect the video cable to the 760, and start the PC. Go into the BIOS and set the primary video source to the video card (PCIe), boot into Windows, and install the Nvidia video driver.
      Thank you so much for your suggestion, clearing the CMOS has solved the issue!
      This was the first time I had to clear the BIOS while installing a new graphic adapter. You never stop learning.

Comment

Great, glad that worked for you!

Any time new hardware is installed in a board, even if it replaces existing hardware, it always helps to clear the CMOS/BIOS.

So you did not need to install the video driver again?

Comment

No, it was not necessary to install the driver again.

Comment

Working...
          X