Asrock N68C-GS FX and CPU AMD FX6300 am3+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock N68C-GS FX and CPU AMD FX6300 am3+

hey guys, I bought a CPU AMD FX6300 and when I puted it on the Asrock only the power suply turns on... nothing else works... not even a bip from motherboard...

is there any config i must do for the processor am3+ works?

This post is being writen on the computer i'm talking about... but i'm using a CPU Phenom 9850 x4... so, the pc is working perfectly...

ps.: i tried two new cpus fx6300... so i guess the problem is not on the cpus...
    ps2.: i'm using 2gb ddr2 kingston ram x2... already tried to start the pc without the memories but nothing happens... not even a bip...

ideas?

Re: Asrock N68C-GS FX and CPU AMD FX6300 am3+

What BIOS version do you have on your board?

Your board's CPU support list includes the FX-6350, but requires at least BIOS version 1.30: ASRock > N68C-GS FX

Your Phenom x4 9850 works with any BIOS version in the board.

The CPU and board cannot run without memory, and cannot start or complete the POST process, which ends with a single beep.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      What BIOS version do you have on your board?

Your board's CPU support list includes the FX-6350, but requires at least BIOS version 1.30: ASRock > N68C-GS FX
      I'm not sure what version of the BIOS. When I get home I'll see the BIOS version.

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      The CPU and board cannot run without memory, and cannot start or complete the POST process, which ends with a single beep.
      I only started without memory to see if it beeps but nothing happened...

In a few hours I'll have the answer about the BIOS version... Thanks!

Comment

The bios version is 1.40 as you can see at the photo... and the most recent on asrock site is 1.40 too...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	bios.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	754895

Comment

I guess you are using DDR2 memories.
          According to Asrock, when you use an AM3+ CPU, you have to use DDR3 slots of this boards (and DDR3 memories).
          Also a CMOS clear before starting a new CPU/RAM configuration is recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
            I guess you are using DDR2 memories.
            According to Asrock, when you use an AM3+ CPU, you have to use DDR3 slots of this boards (and DDR3 memories).
            Also a CMOS clear before starting a new CPU/RAM configuration is recommended.
            That's the answer, plain and simple!

I didn't notice the board is one of the crazy models that can use DDR2 and DDR3 memory, OMG I hate those! Plus is uses the Nvidia chipset, what a combination.

Comment

Working...
            X