No announcement yet.

Does the z87 Extreme6 bios have a VTT/QPI voltage setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the z87 Extreme6 bios have a VTT/QPI voltage setting?

I have been having problems with sleep on my mildly overclocked 4670K and have read that increasing the VTT/QPI voltage to the IMC can help with this. However I see no such setting under Voltage on the OC Tweaker page. Is there an equivalent setting by another name?

TIA,
    Ron

Re: Does the z87 Extreme6 bios have a VTT/QPI voltage setting?

VTT has been referred to by Intel as VCCSA (System Agent) since Sandy Bridge processors.

The best we have in the Z87 Extreme6 is System Agent Voltage Offset in OC Tweaker. That works fine, just enter a positive offset to increase this voltage.

What problem with Sleep are you having? Unable to wake from Sleep? The PC wakes from Sleep shortly after entering Sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      VTT has been referred to by Intel as VCCSA (System Agent) since Sandy Bridge processors.

The best we have in the Z87 Extreme6 is System Agent Voltage Offset in OC Tweaker. That works fine, just enter a positive offset to increase this voltage.

What problem with Sleep are you having? Unable to wake from Sleep? The PC wakes from Sleep shortly after entering Sleep?
      Thank you for your reply.

Instead of sleeping the system will spontaneously shut down and require a cold boot. Or the power button on the chassis will flash as if the system is sleeping but a key press or mouse movement will not wake it.

Comment

Those are Sleep issues I've personally never had. I have a Z87 Extreme6 too.

Ever check your PSU (which is?) regarding this problem? Sounds like the 5V standby PSU rail might be failing or weak.

When you get the PC started after a wake failure, you actually have a full reboot, and not a resume from the state the PC was in when you entered Sleep? It seems that is what you said, just double checking.

I have seen wake problems where only the case power button will wake it, but it is a Sleep resume, not a full boot.

Comment

I think the problem was with my overclocked RAM, rather than the System Agent voltage or the power supply. Putting my Samsung "wonder" RAM back to stock 1600, albeit with tighter timings than SPD, seems to have solved the problem with the system shutting down rather than sleeping. I could probably still overclock the RAM with looser timings than I had and it would be alright but it's not worth the hassle. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X