• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z97 extreme 4 ultrafast boot

Hi,when I set to ultrafast my pc reboot to uefi

i7 4790k,onboard video

ssd=samsung pro evo 250

Re: z97 extreme 4 ultrafast boot

Fast Boot set to Ultra Fast is only supported by Windows 8/8.1.

Ultra Fast only works with a UEFI booting Windows 8/8.1 installation, with the CSM option in the UEFI Disabled. Enabling Secure Boot also works, by disabling CSM automatically.

Creating a UEFI booting Windows 8 installation media is explained here: UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Your PC restarts into the UEFI when Fast Boot set to Ultra Fast because your Windows installation and/or other necessary configurations are not correct.

Some of these things are explained in your board's manual, and in the option description for Fast Boot in the UEFI.

Comment

Re: z97 extreme 4 ultrafast boot

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Fast Boot set to Ultra Fast is only supported by Windows 8/8.1.

Ultra Fast only works with a UEFI booting Windows 8/8.1 installation, with the CSM option in the UEFI Disabled. Enabling Secure Boot also works, by disabling CSM automatically.

Creating a UEFI booting Windows 8 installation media is explained here: UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

Your PC restarts into the UEFI when Fast Boot set to Ultra Fast because your Windows installation and/or other necessary configurations are not correct.

Some of these things are explained in your board's manual, and in the option description for Fast Boot in the UEFI.
      OK thanks

Comment

Working...
      X