Z87 Extreme4 Issues with Dr. Debug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z87 Extreme4 Issues with Dr. Debug

Hey there everyone! Happy Holidays and a very happy new year to all. This is my first post in Tweakdown and I thank you all and this great community for helping me. I built a PC. The Specs are,

CPU-Intel 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 4670K i5 4th Generation Processor
    GPU- Sapphire AMD/ATI VAPOR-X HD 7950 OC with Boost 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    MOBO- Asrock Z87 Extreme4
    RAM- Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8gb
    PSU-Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650 Watts PSU
    HDD-Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST1000DM003)

PC works fine. But I constantly get error code A2 in Dr, Debug on bootup. I went to the Asrock site and see the remedy was to redo SATA cables. I did plenty of times, cleared CMOS many times. It's still the same. Apart from working fine, this happens, I don't get display form my GPU. I have to switch to onboard MOBO display port. I haven't found solution to this. Only way I have been able to rectify it is clean install of Windows again. I have to this 2-3 times in a month which is not practical at all. The Monitor do not detect anything when I bootup using my video card, but when I plug the HDMI to my MOBO port than it displays the pc. Any help from you guys would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Z87 Extreme4 Issues with Dr. Debug

I have no idea if you've done this, but if you have both the integrated Intel graphics connected to a monitor, and a video card installed, you must select the video card in the BIOS. That option should be in the Chipset Configuration screen, and you select PCIe for the video card.

Also, if you have IGPU Multi-monitor enabled in the BIOS, then both video sources will be working at the same time, which might cause confusion.

If you have a cable connected to the integrated graphics when using a video card, both graphics sources will be active and the BIOS may choose the integrated graphics over the video card.

I don't understand why a Windows installation would fix this problem, unless you are clearing the BIOS when you install Windows, or don't install the integrated graphics driver. But if you have Windows automatic updates and driver installation enabled, then a driver for the integrated graphics would be automatically installed, and it might be used.

About the A2 POST code you see, if the PC boots fine then there is no problem. The A2 is usually the last POST process that runs, and if no problems are found, A2 is just a left over code on the display.

Comment

Re: Z87 Extreme4 Issues with Dr. Debug

This is by far the best explanation I got after many attempts elsewhere. Thank you so much for the educating reply. I checked in UEFI it was PCIe selected as default video card adapter. But I guess when I was not getting any display I should've checked.

Comment

Working...
      X