Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 Wake Up Issue

Hey guys,

there is a problem with my new setup, that bothers me for a few weeks now. Sorry for my english by the way, i try my best :)
    First my Specs:

Asrock Z97 Extreme 4
    i7 4790k
    8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1
    Crucial MX100 256GB
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm
    be Quiet E10-CM 600W
    Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard
    Roccat Kone Pure Mouse

Windows 8.1 is used. fully up to date, driver also up to date.

Alright, the description of the problem:
    Simply said, the computer boots by itself. The first time that has happened was like 2 weeks ago, 4 days after i built the setup up. Since then it happens like every 20-30 hours i think. round about every day, so to say. But it is not like it would happen every 24h exactly or so.

What settings do i use in windows and uefi:
    in Uefi EVERY wake up on...thing is disabled. restore on AC loss is disabled. dehumidifier is disabled. Intel Smart Connect is enabled (i didnt install it on windows), may that a case of problem?

in Windows the fast boot is enabled, i really want to use that and i had plenty of windows 8 systems that didnt boot itself with fast boot on. In generell, EVERY Windows Setting is on default, i didnt do much with this system since i got it.

What i checked:
    Task Scheduler: there is no task, that has the line "allowed to activate computer for task" activated beside one windows update task that is completely disabled.
    powercfg: wake_armed shows keyboard, mouse and onboard network card. there is no waketimer on the system.

what i tried out:Sideproblems:
    Today i saw that in the Task scheduler there is activated, that Regular Maintenance can wake up system. as i told you, i checked that a million times, last time yesterday, so over the night, something activated that. then i checked waketimers and now it says, 1.1.15 3:34 the regular maintenance must wake up my system for the task... also the first time a waketimer occured... dont know where this comes from...

Keyboard and Mouse are not correct detected in device manager. driver are installed, but they are just shown as "HID conform Mouse and Tastatur". Mouse one time and Keyboard even 3 times... maybe this causes the problem?

so as a conclusion:
    Computer wakes up by its own, with changing intervalls. network adapter might not be the candidate, uefi AND device manager wol was disabled as the pc booted today. so maybe mouse and keyboard is the problem. i disabled that now and wait what will happen today or tomorrow.
    normally task scheduler can not be the problem too because all the time the selfboot happened there was not enabled, task sheduler may reactivate and there was no waketimer. now its the first time this changed by itself... but who knows...or is it the driver thing of keyboard and mouse? Or is it enabled Smart Connect on uefi? Or is it a damaged psu or mainboard or something else?

really need help.

thanks and happy new year
    Last edited by pstar1988; 12-31-2014, 08:48 AM.

Re: Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 Wake Up Issue

I have both Extreme4 and 6 MB's and had a similar issue on my Extreme6, I just couldn't get the MB to stop spontaneously coming our of sleep mode, sometimes it would shutdown only to restart seconds after.

My problem was fixed (not sure how related) after a W7 update.

I will place the link here later.

Comment

i use windows 8.1

but please post the link, maybe there is something similar for me

Comment

Originally posted by pstar1988 View Post
        i use windows 8.1

but please post the link, maybe there is something similar for me

Comment

ah yes i know the thread already, but nothing helpful for me :( thanks anyways

Comment

I have the same problem with Z97 Pro4 but in extended version: When I turn off the computer by Start -> Turn Off button, it can wake up from keyboard, mouse, in moment of connection any device to usb and even when i turn On/Off my AV-reciever connected thru OPTICAL (!) cable. BUT: When I select Start -> Sleep, the computer does not wake up by this events. Only by On/Off button. (As selected in power management). In BIOS any wake ups are disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by 40inD View Post
              I have the same problem with Z97 Pro4 but in extended version: When I turn off the computer by Start -> Turn Off button, it can wake up from keyboard, mouse, in moment of connection any device to usb and even when i turn On/Off my AV-reciever connected thru OPTICAL (!) cable. BUT: When I select Start -> Sleep, the computer does not wake up by this events. Only by On/Off button. (As selected in power management). In BIOS any wake ups are disabled.
              Try the new 1.8 BIOS

Comment

Working...
              X