Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock B85M-ITX USB stanby problem

Hey guys,

I really hope you can help me solving my problem.
    I bought an ASRock B85M-ITX with an Intel 3420 CPU and 4 GB G.Skill (2x 2GB). This hardware I'm using for my HTPC with XBMCBuntu.
    I'm controlling this HTPC with my Logitech Harmony One Plus and an infrared receiver (CoHaus RC6 IR605Q).

My problem:
    When I'm in XBMC, I turn off the HTPC with my Harmony. The shutdown works as expected.
    If I try to turn on the HTPC with my Harmony later (10 minutes +), he won't wake up.
    If I try to starting him within 5-10min after the last time he was on, there is no problem waking him up.

Due I'm able to start the HTPC within this time window of approximately 10 minutes, I think and really hope this is just a BIOS setting.
    If not, the mainboard is not usable for a HTPC setup.

In BIOS I already allowed the HTPC to turn on by USB. > USB Keyboard/Remote Power On
    In addition I allowed the HTPC to be wake up by wake on lan package, which is not working to. BIOS > PCI Devices Power On
    Any other settings (except the size of the GPU memory), should be default.

If this is necessary, I'm starting my OS from an USB 3.0 flash stick, which is located on the mainboard panel.

It looks like the mainboard is shutting down completely after a specific amount of time.

Could you pleas help me solving this issue?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by hegg; 12-13-2014, 02:43 PM.

Re: ASRock B85M-ITX USB stanby problem

No one?

Comment

The lack of replies is probably related to the use of XBMCBuntu, which most people don't have experience with. Also the use of an IR remote is unusual for most people.

Your remote and IR receiver, Logitech Harmony One Plus and an infrared receiver (CoHaus RC6 IR605Q), do their specs say they can be used with any OS? Plus can they be used together? I thought remote controls and receivers are sold as pairs (see what I mean about experience with these devices?)

I doubt a BIOS setting is involved with the apparent time window when the PC will wake up, or at least one related to waking the PC. There have been some strange issues with Windows wake from Sleep and some CPU power saving option settings.

What PSU are you using? It sounds like the IR receiver is losing power or going to sleep, which does not make sense.

Comment

Hi,

the remote and the IR receiver are 100% compatible. In addition, the OS is supported by the IR receiver.
        I'm using a standard 300W ATX PSU from be quiet!.

If some BIOS setting is causing this problem, what settings I should check for what value?

Comment

Working...
        X