Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i have broken/faulty motherboard 890gx extreme 3 or what?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i have broken/faulty motherboard 890gx extreme 3 or what?!?!?!?

Re: Do i have broken/faulty motherboard 890gx extreme 3 or what?!?!?!?

Originally posted by Lontti View Post
    i was unable to start and test the computer, because of movingDr. Debug says only "00" from the start and nothing else
    A code of 00 is a problem with the CPU, it is not starting for some reason.

If the PC was moved from one house to another, it probably was shaken and something was moved out of place. Check the power cables to the mother board, the eight pin CPU power cable is the main one to check.

Also, the CPU cooler can easily be moved off its mounting, and could even be pressing on the CPU unevenly, causing this problem. That should be checked by someone that is familiar with CPU cooler mounting.

If the PC was moved as you said, it needs to be checked internally, every connection, CPU cooler mounting, and memory in slots correctly.

Given everything you have done so far, I would check the CPU cooler mounting first.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      A code of 00 is a problem with the CPU, it is not starting for some reason.

If the PC was moved from one house to another, it probably was shaken and something was moved out of place. Check the power cables to the mother board, the eight pin CPU power cable is the main one to check.

Also, the CPU cooler can easily be moved off its mounting, and could even be pressing on the CPU unevenly, causing this problem. That should be checked by someone that is familiar with CPU cooler mounting.

If the PC was moved as you said, it needs to be checked internally, every connection, CPU cooler mounting, and memory in slots correctly.

Given everything you have done so far, I would check the CPU cooler mounting first.

Comment

It is unusual for a CPU to just die for no reason, and even if the PC was dropped on the street, one of the few things that would usually survive is the CPU.

Just because the board seems to start does not mean it is all working, if the part of the board that regulates the power to the CPU was damaged, then the CPU would not start, but the mother board is the problem.

If you could test the CPU in another PC, that would be the best test.

Comment

Working...
        X