Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock 990fx extreme 3 no post

hello , asrock 990fx extreme 3 with fx 4100 , fxf hd6870 , and Ram
    corsair vengence 1600 C9 9-9-9-24 1.5v 8g 2x4g R3 SDRAM and PC3-12800 not in support list

Its new and not post , no beep no nothing if i remove the memory make beep

i take a look in memory support list and i find
    KHX1600C9D3K2/<wbr>8G this memory is in memory support list

and finnish i want to ask you guys , do i will have a problem with
    KHX1600C9D3K2/<wbr>8GX ?? not in support list ?

because i have order

Re: asrock 990fx extreme 3 no post

That sure appears to be created by a memory incompatibilty.

Borrow some lower performance memory from a friend to test. What you describe sounds like the board/BIOS doesn't like the Vengence you currently have installed.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      That sure appears to be created by a memory incompatibilty.

Borrow some lower performance memory from a friend to test. What you describe sounds like the board/BIOS doesn't like the Vengence you currently have installed.
      i find memory but in list is KHX1600C9D3K2/8G and me buy KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX not in support list ... Do i have problem ??? after find this

Kingston Technical Support. The main difference between the two modules is the part number ending in 'X' is XMP enabled. That means when you go into the BIOS of your machine you can select the XMP profile to overclock the RAM rather then set the timings manually. If part KHX1600C9D3K2/8G is compatible with your system part KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX should work properly. The new set of memory may also use different DRAM chips to achieve the same capacity and specifications as your original HyperX memory. I would recommend checking for and updating your BIOS as there is typically updates for additional memory support.

and i want to ask you , i will have problem with that memory ?? KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX,,,, just a second opinion ,, thanks Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrios Tsakogias View Post
        ... Kingston Technical Support. The new set of memory may also use different DRAM chips to achieve the same capacity and specifications as your original HyperX memory. I would recommend checking for and updating your BIOS as there is typically updates for additional memory support.
        Both of the above statements are helpful. One being the X kit may be comprised of different chips than the non X version. The other being to update the MB's BIOS, but since it doesn't post that out of the question.

Either borrows some memory from a fried to test/evaluate with, or go with what is offered in the Memory Compatibility Charts for the MB.

You might also try clearing the BIOS/CMOS and retry. That sometimes helps. Otherwise you have IMO an incompatibility issue with the current memory.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          Both of the above statements are helpful. One being the X kit may be comprised of different chips than the non X version. The other being to update the MB's BIOS, but since it doesn't post that out of the question.

Either borrows some memory from a fried to test/evaluate with, or go with what is offered in the Memory Compatibility Charts for the MB.

You might also try clearing the BIOS/CMOS and retry. That sometimes helps. Otherwise you have IMO an incompatibility issue with the current memory.
          thanks i follow your opinion , i just cancel my order for that memory,, Really thanks Jim

Comment

Working...
          X