Two drivers won't install on new motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two drivers won't install on new motherboard

I just purchased a AM1B-ITX motherboard for my home server. Most of the installation went fine, but there appears to be a problem with two pieces of hardware. One appears to be a USB controller, while the other appears to be a SM Bus. I installed the chipset drivers from the included CD, tried downloading the latest from AS Rock's website, tried Windows Update, and tried SlimDrivers driver scanner, but still I sit with these two pieces of hardware without drivers.

Looking in the device manager of Windows, I was able to look at the two pieces of hardware with yellow exclamation points on them. Here is the info:
    1.) Unknown device
    Device type: Other devices
    Manufacturer: Unknown

Device Status:
    The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Hardware IDs:
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_780B1849&REV_3A
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_780B1849
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&CC_0C0500
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&CC_0C05

2.) Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
    Device type: Other devices
    Manufacturer: Unknown

Device status:
    The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
    To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Hardware IDs:
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7814&SUBSYS_78141849&REV_01
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7814&SUBSYS_78141849
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7814&CC_0C0330
    PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_7814&CC_0C03

Please help!
    Owner of the computer "Alatar the Blue"

Athlon XP FX-53
    MSI NeoPlatinum2
    2 GB Kingston PC 3200 CL2 RAM
    ATI x800 XT
    Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS
    21" Viewsonic Flat CRT
    Logitech Z-680 speakers
    2 x WD Raptor II
    120 GB Western Digital SE SATA HD
    Windows XP Home SP2

Re: Two drivers won't install on new motherboard

It would help to know what OS you are using. I get the feeling that may be the source of your problems.

You're right, the devices are the AMD SM Buss can AMD USB 3.0 controller.

Did you try to download and run the AMD all in 1 driver ver:13.250 from your board's download page? Run it as administrator, right click and choose that option?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      It would help to know what OS you are using. I get the feeling that may be the source of your problems.
      Yeppers. Most likely an unsupported OS.

I'll wait to hear back from the OP but it appears some tweaking of the install files is in order like I had to do with the A88X and it's USB 3.0 drivers when installing WHS 2011.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

BTW Gammit, Hello from a fellow Michigander. Down near Kalamazoo.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X