No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Originally posted by izrailsky View Post
    You have chance to check it by your own :) Intel ME causes all the problems , because 3.1 contains 8xx ME vesion that is uncompatible with b2.I think it will work well with b3 and sandy bridge, but really, there is no reason to update bios, though 3.1 interface looks and works better it wont change anything for you.
    Wouldn't the Intel ME run better with Win10? I've read problems like the 100% usage bug that 3.10 possibly resolves.In any event, I'll probably upgrade the board to a better Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge at some point down the line. (used ones are dropping in price quickly) If it won't hurt I might as well just flash to 3.10 and above.

Comment

• Re: IMPORTANT BIOS Update Information For ASRock Intel 6 Series and X79 Chipset Mother Boards

Originally posted by Wag View Post
      I've read problems like the 100% usage bug that 3.10 possibly resolves.
      The 100% usage bugs occurs in my ASRock P67 Pro3 motherboard with 2500k and that is the reason why i want to perform bios update to 3.10 that solves this problem. I really hope that i will not brick my motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
        The 100% usage bugs occurs in my ASRock P67 Pro3 motherboard with 2500k and that is the reason why i want to perform bios update to 3.10 that solves this problem. I really hope that i will not brick my motherboard.
        Just check the revision of the MB using CPU-z. If you have B3 revision -go ahead and and update bios. But do not try this id you have B2 revision board.

Comment

Originally posted by izrailsky View Post
          Just check the revision of the MB using CPU-z. If you have B3 revision -go ahead and and update bios. But do not try this id you have B2 revision board.
          I have a B3 rev. so i did bios update to 3.10 and now Windows 10 works fine, the CPU usage is normal :)

Comment

Hey,

I have been reading this thread for a while and decided to register and tell my experience with updating the bios for my motherboard, in case it can be helpful for other people.

I have the asrock P67 extreme4 revision B3, and I was using the 1.7 bios ever since I built my PC 5 years ago. I recently replaced my old GPU with a new 980 ti and ever since I did that, my PC started acting up. After ruling out everything else, I arrived to the conclusion that my bios needed to be updated, so I updated it to the 3.10 version from WINDOWS, despite what people say about it being dangerous.

Everything went perfectly fine, 0 issues encountered and right now the system seems to be more stable than ever before. Also my CPU temperatures have gone down about 10-15 degrees (something in my old bios version was messing it up).

I have an i7 2600k by the way, so Sandy bridge. I AM using a SANDRYBRIDGE with the 3.10 version without problems.

Just make sure to clear the CMOS or restore all the CMOS to default via the BIOS before you update, and obviously if you're going to use windows, close all programs and disable your antivirus, and make sure you won't have a power outage and you'll be perfectly fine as long as your board is the B3 revision (don't update your BIOS if your revision is B2).

Good luck.
            Last edited by Dory; 10-21-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X