Help! Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Debug 0x36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Debug 0x36

Hello, I really need some help with my motherboard. My computer worked perfectly till yesterday evening. I turned it off normally but this morning, when I turned it on, it froze on the desktop. I couldn't move the mouse nor input anything on the keyboard. I turned it off pressing the power button and since that moment, whenever I turn the pc on, it doesn't work anymore.
    The pc turns on, the fans work but it doesn't recognize any usb device (if I plug in anything, the leds on the device flash once and then nothing works) and the monitor says there is no signal. Moreover, on the Dr Debug of the motherboard, it now says "36" which, according to the manual, means "CPU post-memory initialization. System Management Mode (SMM) initialization".
    I cannot reach the POST screen so no bios nor setup.... What can I do? These are the specifics of my computer:

Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme6/A/ASR
    Processor: Intel i5
    SSD: Samsung 250gb
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 4gb x2
    VGA: Sapphire HD 7950 vapor-x
    Power supply: Corsair TX Series 650WATT PSU 80+ Bronze

Re: Help! Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Debug 0x36

Intel i5... what?

Try a CMOS/BIOS reset.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Intel i5... what?

Try a CMOS/BIOS reset.
      now I can't control the cpu number. Anyway, the pc was assembled one month ago and it never gave any problem until a couple of days ago. Now it sometimes boots normally and some other times it doesn't (and shows debug code 36). I tried your suggestions but it still often gives me 0x36....

Comment

Have you run diagnostics on the memory?

Have other memory to try?

Comment

Change memory settings to manual set speed to 1600 and XMP to 1.2

Comment

Originally posted by Akis View Post
            Change memory settings to manual set speed to 1600 and XMP to 1.2
            i can't. now i cannot reach the POST screen anymore, the video gets no signal

Comment

Did you install the lastest BIOS?Try to reset your CPU.Inspect the socket for any bent or damaged pins.Remove RAM.Clear BIOS by removing battery and power cable for couple mins.If none of this works unplug everything.

Also try to change ram slots to A2 and B2.
              Last edited by Akis; 06-09-2013, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Did you install the lastest BIOS?Try to reset your CPU.Inspect the socket for any bent or damaged pins.Remove RAM.Clear BIOS by removing battery and power cable for couple mins.If none of this works unplug everything.

Also try to change ram slots to A2 and B2.
                I tried everything.... nothing, still error 36. Resetting the cpu means just pulling it out of the socket and putting it back in?

Comment

yes

Comment

yes
                    done, nothing changes. Maybe my mobo has some defects. I'll ask to change it with a new one

Comment

Did you try pressing the reset button on the mobo? Switch the machine on and then press and hold this reset button until the machine switches off again. If this doesn't work try taking out 1 stick of RAM see if this works. Repeat with the other stick of RAM.
                      ASRock Z87 Extreme6 | Core i5 4670K Cooled by Corsair H50 | 4x4 GB DDR3 1600 GSkill | Gigabyte GTX560 Ti 1GB DDR5 | Intel 240GB 335 SSD, 3 x 2TB & 1 x 3TB HDD, 2 x 24" LG Monitors | Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W | Yamaha Amp/Receiver | Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Comment

I tried but it's no use :( I'll get a new mobo.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, I'm pretty happy with my Asrock setup and this is an upgrade from a P67 Ex4 board which is still going fine. Out of my order, the SSD conked out within a day so. It's frustrating, but you should be up and running again within a week or so :-)
                          ASRock Z87 Extreme6 | Core i5 4670K Cooled by Corsair H50 | 4x4 GB DDR3 1600 GSkill | Gigabyte GTX560 Ti 1GB DDR5 | Intel 240GB 335 SSD, 3 x 2TB & 1 x 3TB HDD, 2 x 24" LG Monitors | Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W | Yamaha Amp/Receiver | Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to see if you ever solved the problem. I just ran into something similar with my build.

Comment

Working...
                            X